DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night flying

cant say i have prefer to be tucked up in a nice warm bed at my age it is minus 1 here no way i am going outside to try it but carry on all you hardy flyer

nice vid RTKD

Last edited:
Yep - love it. Just make sure you fly from places you know and I tend to fly at max altitude (120m in the UK at least) to minimise the danger of catching any wires or trees

I get straight up to 120m from launch before flying out.

In Florida we have night time but no cold:cool:
Sorry I can't help unless you consider 50 degrees to be "cold".

I'm jealous of your change of season colors tho

Yeah, but I got “overheated motor” message when flying in 90 degree noon heat and a forced rth.

1. Think you receive warnings when it's dark, no problem with this?
Read quit some strange crashing behaviours when flying in the dark. Take off, lift off to a + 10meters hight and crash.
2. So is there a difference for flying daytime <> dark, cold or not cold ?
3. Should we watch more carefully while taking off, look at other things more carefully ?
4. If compass and GPS (enough satellites) is okey can there be other problems for night-flights we could prevent ?

5. Until now didn't lose contact and flying with a "Cristalsky" unit and is a very nice tool during daylight. For the moment ok. Although still no solution for the 5th button and +/- exposure time which works with the iPhone.
The great improvement is also not to see appearing incoming calls, messages from whatever App and so one...
Thought I turned them all of at some point but always forgot at least one...and reactivating them afterwords is always a search.

Until now no problems but didn't try a night-fly

1. Think you receive warnings when it's dark, no problem with this?
Read quit some strange crashing behaviours when flying in the dark. Take off, lift off to a + 10meters hight and crash.
2. So is there a difference for flying daytime <> dark, cold or not cold ?
3. Should we watch more carefully while taking off, look at other things more carefully ?
4. If compass and GPS (enough satellites) is okey can there be other problems for night-flights we could prevent ?

5. Until now didn't lose contact and flying with a "Cristalsky" unit and is a very nice tool during daylight. For the moment ok. Although still no solution for the 5th button and +/- exposure time which works with the iPhone.
The great improvement is also not to see appearing incoming calls, messages from whatever App and so one...
Thought I turned them all of at some point but always forgot at least one...and reactivating them afterwords is always a search.

Until now no problems but didn't try a night-fly
Yes I have a Mavic Platinum Pro and a crystal sky monitor. I recently got some firehouse ARCII in anticipation that I will like to attempt night videography. Can some elaborate on ISO, Framerate settings that should be used?

View attachment 55884night flying in the cold no problem

Is that from the Mavic 1 Nice night shot. Im on my way to doma few photos for a mate of his house with all his Christmas lights switched on, his mother wants it doing som she can blow it up onto a canvas for living room wall.
Its like minus 3 in the uk outside so ill keep my eye on the battery levels.

I'm fascinated by the night shots. Still a newbie though and I think I need to get some more flying under my belt. I enjoy my MPP too much to risk it right now. Since I have zero night flight experience How does the MPP visualize the landing point? Or does it depend on the pilot to bring it in?

I'm fascinated by the night shots. Still a newbie though and I think I need to get some more flying under my belt. I enjoy my MPP too much to risk it right now. Since I have zero night flight experience How does the MPP visualize the landing point? Or does it depend on the pilot to bring it in?
You can't rely on any of the visual guidance systems in the dark, it will bring up warning to tell you such. It's best to just assume that besides GPS, you'll be flying it manually.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito