DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Pictures : in Manual mode i can change ISO and Shutter speed...But not EXPOSURE

KONY

Reactions
Hello,

all is in the title

I wanted to try night pictures and videos tonight.

So i switched from AUTO to MANUAL

But i realized that i can't change the EXPOSURE in manual mode...I can change it only in AUTO.

Is that normal ?
-----------
Another very annoying thing is that if i change the ISO in PHOTO mode to put it to a lower ISO, that setting will not work in VIDEO mode (it would be way too dark)...so i need to change the setting again once in video mode to let's say 1000 ISO...and if i switched back to PHOTO mode, AGAIN i need to change back my ISO settings to the lower 100 ISO.

why settings are not specific : ; it's better to have a MANUAL setting which you chose on PHOTO mode, then another MANUAL you can change for VIDEO MODE...What i see is a common setting for the 2 modes... a bit stupid or i'm missing something ?

Your post is nonsensical. Shutter speed = exposure. The aperture of the camera is fixed.

Reactions: Kilrah
sorry yeah i meant aperture

sorry for the confusion of terms ;)

and thank you for the answer.

but what about the fact that there is not different manual settings for PHOTO and VIDEO MODE ? which (lack of specific setting) forces you to change settings back and forth whenever you switch mode ?

I use the C1 button and the right wheel to change ISO and Shutter speed. Takes just a second to do when I switch camera modes.

ok thanx for the tip. i'll try configure my C2 button to do the same

I use the C1 button and the right wheel to change ISO and Shutter speed. Takes just a second to do when I switch camera modes.

i actually managed to do this, but it only changes the SHUTTER SPEED...not the ISO....after pressing C1 how to you quickly switch from one to the other ?

ok, I have to ask.

Why are you doing this? You're not allowed to fly at night.

should we start listing all the things the human being is not allowed to do , according to some rules, and that he still does ?

I am a bit surprised by your question actually.

if i want to take aerial shots of the lightning of my house located on an empty land, how should anyone be concerned ?

Reactions: PT_Mavic
i actually managed to do this, but it only changes the SHUTTER SPEED...not the ISO....after pressing C1 how to you quickly switch from one to the other ?

Hit C1 again as it cycles between ISO and Shutter.

Hit C1 again as it cycles between ISO and Shutter.

i understood my issue by googling it, it seems that toggle does not work with C2;

someone said it worked with C1 and not C2...which is eaxcatly why i couldn't get it to work : i was using C2

Maybe with newer firmware it's solved though, but i'm using .600

Thanx

I'm just sayin', rules are rules.

should we start listing all the things the human being is not allowed to do , according to some rules, and that he still does ?

I am a bit surprised by your question actually.

if i want to take aerial shots of the lightning of my house located on an empty land, how should anyone be concerned ?

I'm just sayin', rules are rules.
And thousands upon thousands of them are silly and/or ridiculous, bought from bribed politicians by lobbyists. Use your brain and common sense, then enjoy life.

Reactions: HSK
Yea i wonder how much money gets generated via "rules".

Yea i wonder how much money gets generated via "rules".
Washington DC, Maryland and the surrounding Swamps are the wealthiest locations in the USA.
What, exactly, do they produce that anyone would buy with their own money without a gun to their heads?

QED

Reactions: HSK
^^^^ exactly, as a matter of fact i lived a few years in Africa (Uganda), and i know they (authorities) could not care less if you fly night time above or around city center...as long as you manage to avoid STATE Buildings and military buildings, i don't know of any rule that would stop someone from flying his drone at night in kampala...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2