DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Time USA

Litchi control. no gimbal control from 2.5 miles from home. Do you know Litchi?
That's the one downside to Litchi: when signal is lost, even though the mission continues, you lose manual control of the gimbal. I believe, however, that you can preset changes to the gimbal elevation as part of the mission even during signal loss, or preset the gimbal elevation you want maintained during the signal loss, through manual gimbal control just before the signal is lost. Since it is a Litchi mission, refinement and improvement on successive missions is easily possible! Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Thumbswayup

Reactions: bronze661
That's the one downside to Litchi: when signal is lost, even though the mission continues, you lose manual control of the gimbal. I believe, however, that you can preset changes to the gimbal elevation as part of the mission even during signal loss, or preset the gimbal elevation you want maintained during the signal loss, through manual gimbal control just before the signal is lost. Since it is a Litchi mission, refinement and improvement on successive missions is easily possible! Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Thumbswayup
I do know that if you set the gimbal before you take off, it will stay there with no poi plotted. I've had some successful videos that way.

I do know that if you set the gimbal before you take off, it will stay there with no poi plotted. I've had some successful videos that way.
Good. I suspect it will also retain whatever manual gimbal elevation is set before the signal loss, so set it to your liking just before, since you now know where the signal loss begins.

Reactions: bronze661
Good. I suspect it will also retain whatever manual gimbal elevation is set before the signal loss, so set it to your liking just before, since you now know where the signal loss begins.
sometimes you have to make it look somewhere other than north to get the look you want. I prefer being in close range and give the gimbal a good workout on poi's. you are right, set your gimbal before you leave before take off and hope you got the angle right.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
And when you post your video later, someone always say's " why didn't you use your gimbal"

And when you post your video later, someone always say's " why didn't you use your gimbal"
My new Mavic Air doent co-operat
I liked it. My natural question would be, how did you have the cajones to fly where you probably could not see the drone? Did you get it back by RTH? I would have been freaked out about losing my drone in the dark. I would have flown straight up and then straight down, or have a coronary.
ha, ha, . That's trusting Litchi and Dji.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13