DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Night Video - Queen Mary, Rainbow Harbor - Long Beach CA

Great first stab, nice music, do you recall the settings you used for some or all of the flight?

That was beautifully done! The grand old lady needs a paint job.
Sadly, she has fallen into disrepair due to mismanagement by the private company who had the lease agreement. In my video you can see that most of the lifeboats have recently been removed as they became a hazard. The city has taken charge of it again and is trying to form a plan to repair her, but estimates are at > $100 million. I am hopeful that something can be done, she is a landmark here.

Sadly, she has fallen into disrepair due to mismanagement by the private company who had the lease agreement. In my video you can see that most of the lifeboats have recently been removed as they became a hazard. The city has taken charge of it again and is trying to form a plan to repair her, but estimates are at > $100 million. I am hopeful that something can be done, she is a landmark here.
It is amazing how the costs add up.. it would of course been far cheaper to do routine maintenance, then to just let it sit and rust... New ships seem run half-billion to a billion, at least for some of the cruise ships coming out recently.

It is amazing how the costs add up.. it would of course been far cheaper to do routine maintenance, then to just let it sit and rust... New ships seem run half-billion to a billion, at least for some of the cruise ships coming out recently.
Absolutely. The story of how the QM ended up like this is too long to go into, but is a tale of greed and mismanagement. Here is the long version: SHIPWRECKED, Part II: How Long Beach leaders charted a disastrous course for the Queen Mary • Long Beach Post Feature

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000