DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Long Beach, CA Super Moon August 29th (not the 30th)

DougMcC

Part 107, SEL Instrument 101st ABN
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Here is a shot of Rainbow Harbor in Long Beach the night before the official Full Moon. I do my "full moon" shots the evening before the true full moon because on that night the sun is barely down below the western horizon. The partially illuminated western sky provides some soft illumination of the eastern horizon as the moon rises. The moon itself must be exposed as a separate photo as it is in full daylight. The isolated moon is then placed over the white hole in the primary picture.

Attachments

• Long Beach Super Moon 2023.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 62
Nice

Reactions: DougMcC
Here is a shot of Rainbow Harbor in Long Beach the night before the official Full Moon. I do my "full moon" shots the evening before the true full moon because on that night the sun is barely down below the western horizon. The partially illuminated western sky provides some soft illumination of the eastern horizon as the moon rises. The moon itself must be exposed as a separate photo as it is in full daylight. The isolated moon is then placed over the white hole in the primary picture.
A lot of work, but the image looks to fake. you could have placed a better moon image than that. You blow that moon up and it looks like someone drew it, but the foreground picture is beautiful.

A lot of work, but the image looks to fake. you could have placed a better moon image than that. You blow that moon up and it looks like someone drew it, but the foreground picture is beautiful.
Thanks. The moon is always problematic. It was another exposure and a cut and transfer via photoshop and thus it carry’s its own brightness, hue and contrast. It was a golden moon at that altitude with perhaps less discernible surface features but present features nevertheless. The printed picture viewed from 2 feet has about the moon surface features I could detect that evening. I appreciate the comment and I can soften the surface and reduce contrast and see how that looks.