DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No 2.4 gHz

I was flying out over Lake Tahoe yesterday and lost signal at about 1,000 ft (300m) distance at about 150 ft (45m) elevation above water, still in line-of-site. Lake level is 6,200 feet (1,900m) above sea level. It seemed odd since this is only about 10% of what it suggests above. Fortunately, it came back on auto RTH but it's a scary feeling when it's out there over water and you lose control. I wouldn't be so concerned if it was an odd thing but it kept doing it when I went out over 1,000 ft.

I was flying out over Lake Tahoe yesterday and lost signal at about 1,000 ft (300m) distance at about 150 ft (45m) elevation above water, still in line-of-site. Lake level is 6,200 feet (1,900m) above sea level. It seemed odd since this is only about 10% of what it suggests above. Fortunately, it came back on auto RTH but it's a scary feeling when it's out there over water and you lose control. I wouldn't be so concerned if it was an odd thing but it kept doing it when I went out over 1,000 ft.
Are you following the manual with regards to antenna positioning?

Doesn't sound right. Make sure you turn your device in airplane mode shortly after getting it all connected just before takeoff. Also try using parabolic range extenders (the ones that slip over the antenna and fold up for storing) if you still have issues. I picked up some for under $10 on ebay and they really do work.

Yes, antennas are in the proper position, vertical to ground and parallel to the aircraft. I went back out today and experienced the same thing, I think something is wrong because the aircraft went out of control right above my head and crashed into a tree and is now stuck up there! I don't know what "turn your device in airplane mode" means, sorry for my ignorance...

Yes, antennas are in the proper position, vertical to ground and parallel to the aircraft. I went back out today and experienced the same thing, I think something is wrong because the aircraft went out of control right above my head and crashed into a tree and is now stuck up there! I don't know what "turn your device in airplane mode" means, sorry for my ignorance...

Hope you've managed to get it back ?

Airplane mode is referring to disabling WiFi/cellular on your phone/iPad, it'll normally be a picture of a plane in your quick settings/control centre (name is different depending on OS)

Back to poor signal, if it's above you the antenna needs to be parallel to the ground, there have been reports of signal being lost quite quickly when above you.

It's still up in the tree. I'm trying to find a tree climber to help retrieve it but it's on a hotel property and they want written permission from the hotel. I didn't have the antenna's parallel to the ground and the drone was above my head about 100+ feet so the antenna were probably not positioned properly but it was so close I find it odd.

I’d bet they are not. Since I’ve gotten my MM I increase my distance from home on a weekly basis as I learn my craft. First week 900 feet. Last week 5280 feet. This week 6500 feet. Same craft same route more experienced pilot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52