DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No camera feed

perrymatt1973

Reactions
Help help urgent I have just updated the DGI app calibrated my gimble on mavic pro made sure all the firmware was up-to-date however I take off everything seems fine move the camera around and then all of a sudden the picture goes sometimes I don't even have to move the camera only takes about 30 seconds and then the picture on the phone disappears

Tried another same issue also tried USB port at bottom with iPhone lead that didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_0916.PNG
    IMG_0916.PNG
    260.2 KB · Views: 18
Help help urgent I have just updated the DGI app calibrated my gimble on mavic pro made sure all the firmware was up-to-date however I take off everything seems fine move the camera around and then all of a sudden the picture goes sometimes I don't even have to move the camera only takes about 30 seconds and then the picture on the phone disappears

I have just experienced exactly the same fault... it began out of the blue a few weeks ago (the Mavic being only three weeks old when it started). So I returned it to DJI for repair under warranty and received a reasonably quick turnaround of a little under two weeks (I do actually have DJI Care Assist). DJI advised that they had replaced the main pcb in the controller; which they may well have done, but I received a brand new drone with a different Serial No.This wasn't mentioned in DJI's report.

The unfortunate outcome however, was that whatever DJI had done did not cure the problem. It was still there exactly as before. So back it went to DJI with a terse note explaining that without a doubt the problem lay in the controller. I knew this, for having in the meantime acquired DJI Goggles, I observed that while my controller's mobile device (iPhone 6S Plus) lost the visual and telemetric link, the goggles did not, so the drone was still sending OK. My iPhone works faultlessly with a Phantom4 Pro, so that ruled out the display device as being the culprit.

Anyway, I received the Mavic back again from repair a few days ago, this time with a brand new remote controller (which hadn't even been linked to the drone, which must say something about DJI's testing procedure). I am pleased though to report that following a comprehensive test flight today, it is now faultless. I took the aircraft to about 3 miles away, admittedly across open farmland with very little by way of obstructions, and it was 100% perfect. Nary a glitch - not even a tiny one. So I'm a really happy bunny now.

I can't help wondering whether DJI's service would have been as good (ignoring for the moment their failure to fix it the first time round) if I hadn't had their Care Assist. I would add that the Mavic had hardly been flown from new, and certainly had never crashed or even experienced so much as a heavy landing when the fault first started, so the problem was clearly a product quality failure and was not caused by pilot error.

I received an invoice from DJI for the repair work, the penultimate bit of which was 100% discount; so the the bottom line was a row of noughts.

Tony.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro