DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No camera view with Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra

roaddawg

Reactions
So my S9 note took a dive and I ended up with a new S21 Ultra. The Dji fly app downloaded without issue. Try flying the MM and everything seems fine, except there is no camera view, just a black screen with the attitude panel, battery, satellites, etc. It's like flying blind not being able to see what the camera is viewing. I tried taking pictures and it does and will save to SD card, but while flying you cant tell what the camera is looking at. I checked the chipset on the phone, it's LAHAINA android 11. supposedly this is Samsungs new name for the Snapdragon processor. Any ideas? Everything else works fine.

Well I tried to reinstall the DJI Fly App from Google playstore and could not find it. Figured this might mean that the phone is incompatible. I went to the DJI website and was able to find it there. I downloaded the latest version (it took awhile) and it seems the issue has been resolved. I checked my phones chipset (LAHAINA android 11) and it appears that this is a different name for Snapdragon

I have a Galaxy A51 5G running Android 11 and it will not connect. It is also not listed as a compatible device. My old Galaxy S8 works just fine. You don't need a data connection so going to an older device, assuming it's in good working order, should be fine.

I upgraded my phone from an S10 to the S21 (not the ultra) .. Everything swapped over and works fine :)

So my S9 note took a dive and I ended up with a new S21 Ultra. The Dji fly app downloaded without issue. Try flying the MM and everything seems fine, except there is no camera view, just a black screen with the attitude panel, battery, satellites, etc. It's like flying blind not being able to see what the camera is viewing. I tried taking pictures and it does and will save to SD card, but while flying you cant tell what the camera is looking at. I checked the chipset on the phone, it's LAHAINA android 11. supposedly this is Samsungs new name for the Snapdragon processor. Any ideas? Everything else works fine.
My new S21 has the same problem.

I have a Galaxy A51 5G running Android 11 and it will not connect. It is also not listed as a compatible device. My old Galaxy S8 works just fine. You don't need a data connection so going to an older device, assuming it's in good working order, should be fine.
Digging up and older post but I'm replying for future searches. I have the Samsung A51 4G and used it without any issues on my MA2 for the entire year I've had it. I'm trading it in today for the S21 Ultra becuause we're ditching Verizon for AT&T and they were running a great deal on the S21 but, the A51 has been a pleasure to use with the external download of the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: Gbeckwith
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54