DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No crash gimbal not working at all

Not bad. Eight days after I dropped off the package, I got a response from DJI ......
Free repair as a courtesy because gimbal ribbon cable warranty has just expired. Well my MP is only 7 months old.

To Abady, Talk to DJI CS and make sure if they can accept warranty repair if MP cover was opened, maybe DIY is a better option
So the ribbon cable has less warranty time than the rest of the craft? How long did they say the cable is under warranty? Where is this in the terms and conditions.

Not bad. Eight days after I dropped off the package, I got a response from DJI ......
Free repair as a courtesy because gimbal ribbon cable warranty has just expired. Well my MP is only 7 months old.

To Abady, Talk to DJI CS and make sure if they can accept warranty repair if MP cover was opened, maybe DIY is a better option

Thank you for the info. .. I think the warranty terms in dgi is too bad .. Such item should be with international warranty .. My mavic stopped in the middle of my vacation ..

So the ribbon cable has less warranty time than the rest of the craft? How long did they say the cable is under warranty? Where is this in the terms and conditions.
For such a not-too-complex repair, DIY seems make more sense. I guess what DJI said is that warranty for ribbon cable is 6 months, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I don't get that with warranty. Where do you guys live?

In Sweden every manufacturer is free to set any warranty period they like, but the consumer always has the right to "complain" (can't seem to find a better word for it) for three years after purchase. So every manufacturer has to follow this law that wants to sell their products on this market. I've used it several times on everything from smartphones, laptops and what not.

The manufacturer is required to fix/replace the product if the damage hasn't been caused by misuse from the consumer.

Don't you have something like this where you live?

I did find out a statement on DJI website "Warranty period may vary according to local laws and regulations" and the whole warranty details stop right there.

For such a not-too-complex repair, DIY seems make more sense. I guess what DJI said is that warranty for ribbon cable is 6 months, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
It's interesting that dji do not give a reasonable warranty cover for the ribbon cable. I have suspected for some time the cable has a short life span.

Last edited:
I am very happy to report that after 3 weeks my MP gimble ribbon warranty repair package finally coming back home. DJI has swapped MP, keep my original controller and original retail box in my original mail box. My new MP, look and feel like brand new, has different SN. Initial simple test shows everything ok, field test later. Total costs, including two-way UPS ground shipping, is zero. 9 out of 10 stars goes out for DJI customer service.

Where can I order the gimble ribbon ..??
Any reliable site who do international shipping ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15