DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No fly zone

Bob Z

Reactions
How to unlock no fly zone. I am in a safe zone according to b4ufly app.

Are you talking about a DJI unlock or an FAA unlock? You may have to do both depending on exactly where you're trying to fly.

Try Google.
Type “How do I unlock a no fly zone”

First result on the page

Video explains it perfectly.

Alternatively, type “How to unlock NFZ” into the search bar on this forum.

You will be presented with:

Last edited:
The DJI Mavic 2 controller simply stated "no fly zone" and would not allow me to take off. This is my first flight and have no idea how to remedy this issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

The DJI Mavic 2 controller simply stated "no fly zone" and would not allow me to take off. This is my first flight and have no idea how to remedy this issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

First flight and you want to fly in a restricted zone? That's like taking your first drive in a car on the Autobahn.

Wouldn't it make more sense to learn about Restricted Zones, Airspace, and how to safely navigate/understand what they are and WHY they are?

Not directly what you ask for... but recommend reading the full online only DJI manual for your drone. Tutorial vids on the page also. Scroll down a bit.

Reactions: The Editor
I recently unlocked my Mavic through the DJI FLysafe site (Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI) and it took about 20 minutes to get it to unlock. very easy to follow instructions. The issue I had was once it unlocked, I would take off and the left controller would not function. Only forward and backwards, up and down. I was shooting some indoor footage inside an over sized tent. Obstacle guidance was on with no obstacles close to the aircraft. I landed it without any accidents but I'm not sure why it did that. has this happened to any of you?

Did you get the warning box that requires you to check a box then press the confirm button?

Did you try to fly outside the tent?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54