DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Fly zones questions

If I may hijack this thread for a moment, with apologies to the OP, to ask a related question; can anyone tell me if it is possible to take off from outside a restricted zone and enter in to it? I already have the unlocking certificate from DJI and I just need to decide on a take off location. I have two possible take off locations - one inside the restricted zone itself and another just outside of it. I would prefer to take off from the second location for a few reasons, but don't know if I can enter into the restricted zone from there. Any guidance is greatly appreciated :)

Do you mean you have unlocked the restricted zone? Then my experience is yes.
Give it a try. And also when you are fkying and approach a zone which is not unlocked, the drone will simply come to a stop like at an invisible fence, giving a Go4 warning. Actually works very well.

Do you mean you have unlocked the restricted zone? Then my experience is yes.
Yes, I have a scheduled unlock for the zone valid from 19 - 22, 01/2020. And I have successfully imported it to the AC.

Screenshot_20200118-141420.png

Screenshot_20200118-141444.png

Screenshot_20200118-141505.png

I was just unsure if I still had to take off inside the zone for the unlock to take effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be good to go. Just make sure it is turned on in the aircraft prior to flight (your image #3). My experience sometimes that turns off when you power cycle the drone.

When the unlock is turned on, you will need to take off where you are specified to fly.
The unlock "locks" you from taking off anywhere else.

Case in point, my 3,000ft altitude unlock.
When I activated the lock, I could not take off.
Could not understand why.
I finally discover the launch site was moved 1/4 mile from where I was originally told.
Since I requested a very narrow 100m circle, I could not take off because I was out of my requested unlock zone.

Sounds like you need a rectangle like area instead of a circle.
In that case, you would need to offer DJI Fly Safe the four points of the area.

Thanks @pmshop; that is a very helpful insight. Very intriguing though. Will check tomorrow before heading out if I can take off from my home with the unlock turned on. If it prevents me from taking off, will head directly to the take off location within the restricted zone.

Reactions: pmshop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka