DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

no fly zones

Carel

Reactions
Hi
I am from South africa.
With Go4 app my drone cant take off in a No fly zone. I understand this. Just would like to know if other apps like Litchi does it the same? Or is it the software of the drone or Go4 app that prevent taking off in a no fly Zone? Mavic pro
thankx guys

Reactions: mereflyer
My understanding is that you need to unlock the NFZ in DJI Go 4 before you can fly that same zone in Litchi ... or that was the way it was anyway ...
I haven't done much research on this - but I'd assume that the NFZ was hard coded into the drone's firmware, otherwise you could take off in a NFZ just using the controller without Go 4 or Litchi attached. Therefore, the Go 4 app' [which DJI have full control of] is what's needed to override/unlock the NFZ ...

My understanding is that you need to unlock the NFZ in DJI Go 4 before you can fly that same zone in Litchi ... or that was the way it was anyway ...
I haven't done much research on this - but I'd assume that the NFZ was hard coded into the drone's firmware, otherwise you could take off in a NFZ just using the controller without Go 4 or Litchi attached. Therefore, the Go 4 app' [which DJI have full control of] is what's needed to override/unlock the NFZ ...

I think this is correct. The drone itself has the no-fly zone database inside. Using Lichi won't let you get around any restrictions.

Hi
I am from South africa.
With Go4 app my drone cant take off in a No fly zone. I understand this. Just would like to know if other apps like Litchi does it the same? Or is it the software of the drone or Go4 app that prevent taking off in a no fly Zone? Mavic pro
thankx guys
Hi

Thanks guys for the feedback.
Carel

we need to be able to dump the forced no fly program. if dji is worried, they have no need to, as once sold the drone is (as least should be) completely out of there control. heck gm, ford, dodge are not held accountable when a driver gets drunk and kills a family of six.
and on the flip side. is it possible for the communist government (who owns dji's owner) make it where the no fly zones are a 200 mile circle????
a possible effective way to ground military drones owned by the USA. we are just the byproduct.

most of us do not want to fly close to a airport anyhow. so the program is a problem. maybe just a flip in the software and all drones are effected and nothing flys do a glitch, bug, sabatoge, etc.
i know a strech. but can you really say it will never happen??

No Fly Zones are not actually Zones where you are Not allowed to Fly! ... They are simply zones where DJI needs to have the drone pilot take responsibility for the flight that they are going to make. By going through DJI's published routine and unlocking the Zone, you can fly there as you want (within FAA, CAA etc. reg's of course). By making the Pilot (us) go through a process where we tick a box and submit the application, DJI can then absolve themselves and pass on all legal responsibility to the Drone Pilot - so if he/she then goes on to have an unfortunate close encounter with an Airliner for example, the buck stops with the Pilot.
When I learned to fly (light aircraft) we were taught that you put the same time into the planning on the ground, that you expected to take to fly a cross country training flight. I sometimes think that we need to take a similar attitude with Drones. DJI make the Mavic 'unfold and Go!' - but there are some basic things that should be done first. Unlocking an NFZ is one of them - if that's where you are going to be flying. Don't sit there and moan about NFZ's - learn how to do the unlocking and it then becomes an easy step.

Dji is not responsible for how any drone is used. So the chinese government does not have any reason to ever know where or when we fly. Let alone get there ok to do so.
No I am not saying let us fly at a airport. Or nuke plant. heck a spy or satalite can get better info than a drone can. so that part is a non issue. interfering with a airplane. is a stupid person thing. flying over people (pending reason) can just be ieresponsable.
Really how many drone hrs in the USA alone? and how many just fall out of the sky, “ fly away”? is it really a problem?

No I have no interest or plans on doing any of what I said here. I just question every reg out there. Everything done by the government needs to run through a “ do we really need this check system”. ( not just for flying drones).
that video in another posting, sounds like they might be on the right track. “corridors. not blanket circles”.

DJI may not be responsible for how the Drone is used, but it's going to be their company that goes down the pan when regulations are imposed across the world to stop Drones flying! So - yes - they are pushing to survive in the commercial world, but they are also doing something pro-active that gives them and their customers (us Pilots) a position of 'responsibility' that we can push back at authority with when Authorities in their ignorance react to rumour and try to ban us from everywhere except the middle of the Gobi Desert!.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Yes that is true. I can not say for other country’s. But here in the USA, out plolitcal persons are a reactanary bunch. they make laws up on the fly. mostly to keep there names and faces on the news. and say see i am doing something. Vote for me.
Things are changing. I just hope for the best ( to me best is government out of my life).
if you know what I have to do you would understand this part.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM