DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No home point

Hayabusa

Reactions
I finally was able to get the Litchi app running so I could use fpv goggles. Decided to go out as it’s 1st day with no wind and really nice.
Went out and 1st ran my tablet. Was just goofing around when I realized I had no map nor a home point. I tried manually doing it and nothing. Brought it back, restarted and typically it says it as soon as it starts or lifts off and nothing but silence. I couldn’t figure out what I did wrong this time.
Tried Litchi and right away had map and audible and visible home point.
I know about sometimes the map not showing up without cache etc... but it’s slways recorded home point.

Another
Perfect day of flying ruined. By me I’m sure.
Any advice on how to fix and more importantly how to fix in the field so I’m not sitting there staring at my AC on the ground.
Thanks
Mike

I finally was able to get the Litchi app running so I could use fpv goggles. Decided to go out as it’s 1st day with no wind and really nice.
Went out and 1st ran my tablet. Was just goofing around when I realized I had no map nor a home point. I tried manually doing it and nothing. Brought it back, restarted and typically it says it as soon as it starts or lifts off and nothing but silence. I couldn’t figure out what I did wrong this time.
Tried Litchi and right away had map and audible and visible home point.
I know about sometimes the map not showing up without cache etc... but it’s slways recorded home point.

Another
Perfect day of flying ruined. By me I’m sure.
Any advice on how to fix and more importantly how to fix in the field so I’m not sitting there staring at my AC on the ground.
Thanks
Mike
Why not use GO4 and fly? Are you really grounded?

Why not use GO4 and fly? Are you really grounded?

I didn’t clarify. I started off on go4 with tablet and that was the issue with no map or any home point.

When I switched to Litchi and phone I then recieved map and home point.

Now I just fired it up at home and after a minute, home point was recorded. Automatically and manually.

I didn’t have WiFi on the tablet out there but still should show home point. Same set up and always has in past.

Wasted valuable daylight trying to solve.
I wasn’t sending it back up without a home point.

I didn’t clarify. I started off on go4 with tablet and that was the issue with no map or any home point.

When I switched to Litchi and phone I then recieved map and home point.

Now I just fired it up at home and after a minute, home point was recorded. Automatically and manually.

I didn’t have WiFi on the tablet out there but still should show home point. Same set up and always has in past.

Wasted valuable daylight trying to solve.
I wasn’t sending it back up without a home point.
Better GPS strength at home? I assume you know this, it takes a few minutes after power up for the Mavic to lock and record a GPS signal, until then, no Home point.

But why would it not with same set up/location? I fly here all the time and never has issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist