DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Image Transmission Signal

Syphon

Reactions
I took the drone up today to grab some test video for my color settings. After a preflight check and compass calibration, I lifted off and was only a few seconds into my flight and lost my image with an error saying "No Image Transmission Signal" asking me if I wanted to do RTH. Since I was just hovering still, I was able to control it and land it manually with line of sight.

I shut the DJI app down and then turned it back on and things seemed good, the image was back. I took off again but then 1 minute into the flight lost image transmission again, I manually flew it back in and landed.

I did not make any more attempts as there were about 30 Buzzards and one Hawk circling above and I did not want to risk a bird attack.

What causes this? I have never had this happen before. This scares me as it could happen on one of my longer flights where it will be harder to manually fly from a distance. (I don't trust RTH ever since it tried to land on the neighbors roof when it knew where home was).

Had this happen again today about 5 minutes into a flight. Same location (well slightly different, moved from back yard to front yard). This time it lost image when it was just out of sight, but, did not loose connection to the aircraft. I did a RTH till it was in visual sight then manually landed it.

I used to not have this issue until just the past 2 days from this location. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

What phone/device you using?

So I just realized what my issue might be. I did not know there are two DJI Go apps. I have been using the DJI Go 3 app it seems. Just downloaded the DJI Go 4 app and will be at another family members home tomorrow so I will try it out with Go 4 and see how it does.

So I just realized what my issue might be. I did not know there are two DJI Go apps. I have been using the DJI Go 3 app it seems. Just downloaded the DJI Go 4 app and will be at another family members home tomorrow so I will try it out with Go 4 and see how it does.
You will NEED to fully delete the GO 3 (including manually deleting folders) per several other posts. I could never get 4 to properly work with 3 still loaded.

So update, I flew a good hour and 20 minutes today, over 27,000 ft of distances between the flights and never once had this issue using the new Go App 4. This was just an issue with the app I was using.

To anyone who finds this thread after me. Check which app you are using. You need to download the DJI Go 4 app and delete the DJI Go 3 app. It will fix the issue.

This solution worked for me. Thanks, Syphon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope