DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Live View in Go 4 App

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I have a Mavic2 Pro with Smart Controller and all latest firmware installed. I was going to test a Polarpro ND filter, and wanted to check exposure before I left home. But live view does not seem to be working. I typically see the camera's view from the tabletop when drone is ready for flight. Now I see all menus, controls etc, but just the gradient gray screen with no picture. A video cache warning popped up earlier but I cleared the cache. I toggled between stills & video -no change. I also formatted the SD card. Is there not a button to simply enable live view (I'm a new pilot)

I just tested the unit again, and am able to TAKE PHOTOS -just no live view available, I seem to recall a setting that controls what the gimbal sees or does? I have never altered that setting. Also, I replaced the Polarpro filter with the original DJI UV filter -still no live view. I'm hoping this is just my lack of experience with the app.

Last edited:
Take off the filter - make sure you have the gimbal lock in place - try a brighter location.Thumbswayup

Take off the filter - make sure you have the gimbal lock in place - try a brighter location.Thumbswayup
Thanks, but like I said, I DID take off the filter & replace with the original DJI UV filter. And the camera took photos -just no live view.

Does your image get brighter when you turn the wheel bottom Right side of controller?

Thanks again, but as I explained above -the screen is not BLACK -not the camera set for under-x. It is the gray gradient that you get before you turn on the drone. The Camera is working. LIVE VIEW is not functioning.

I contacted DJI. They suggested to reset camera settings. But I powered on the unit, and BEFORE I reset anything, LIVE VIEW was already restored. I would like to know what went wrong so it does no re-occur in future when on location. DJI next suggested to re-calibrate Gimbal & IMU -which I will do.

I contacted DJI. They suggested to reset camera settings. But I powered on the unit, and BEFORE I reset anything, LIVE VIEW was already restored. I would like to know what went wrong so it does no re-occur in future when on location. DJI next suggested to re-calibrate Gimbal & IMU -which I will do.
There are quite a few reports about this. I had it myself with the smart controller. Only solution so far:
Turn the system on/off mutiple times. For me live view is usually restored after the 3rd try.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Any updates on this? My live view just failed again. Previous poster seems to have the same issue. I too find that restart eventually restores live view. Will try the 3x lucky restart. Would like to find better option to re-enable live view.
If you haven't read the OP: Live view sporadically fails. Camera will capture images, but there's no live view. (camera preview) All that's visible is a gradient gray screen, with all controls. It is NOT an exposure issue. Firmware updated, gimbal & IMU calibrated.
I spoke with DJI online techs -no help there.

Maybe its helps. I have one time same.
So solution to me was:
1. Turn on drone
2. Turn on controller

Then i have a "no live view" My mistake was:
1. Turn on controller
2. Turn on drone

Try :)

Pretty sure I always turn on controller first (as its battery lasts longer) & I still get the blank screen sporadically.

I think it's a system flaw that DJI isn't acknowledging yet -but I could easily be wrong on that.

Maybe its helps. I have one time same.
So solution to me was:
1. Turn on drone
2. Turn on controller

Then i have a "no live view" My mistake was:
1. Turn on controller
2. Turn on drone

Try :)

Have you try first turn on drone and after few seconds controller?
Pretty sure I always turn on controller first (as its battery lasts longer) & I still get the blank screen sporadically.

I think it's a system flaw that DJI isn't acknowledging yet -but I could easily be wrong on that.

I've had the same problem recently. DJI suggested I swap out the SD card and that did not work. Like many I usually start the SC then the drone so I tried swapping procedures and the first time I did while the SC was just checking version software a quick error message popped up to fast to catch but it was something about reconciling firmware. Once done Live View was back until I swapped out batteries. Have since used my four batteries successfully however the problem returned yesterday regardless of which battery was inserted. on/off/ on/off and the third time it worked. Sure seems like some type of bug.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60