DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No map on SC

DeeJay

Reactions
hi guys took my MA2 with the SC out today first time I have had a good flight due to high winds and lots of Rain in North Devon. My problem is when I carried out a hover test in my garden I had the map show on the DJI Go4 app. When I got to my fight take off point NO map I tried everything I could re starting checking the Bluetooth was connected to the controller, no go no map. Came home hovered again in the garden and I had a map? Im thinking something to do with the fact it can pick up the WiFi at home but where I flew I only had 4G. Any ideas?

@DeeJay you either have to download the map of the area you intend to fly or your device has to have cell service like a phone ,not sure about the SC but you might be able to pair it to your phone to get the cell service as you fly i have a none cell I pad and dont get maps either, at your house its linking with your internet modem via wifi

How do you set it up on the SC? I have Bluetooth connection between the SC and the iPhone 11 which is on 4G but the map is still not viable on the SC. As I am new to all of this I'm no doubt doing something wrong or not setting the connection up properly? any help appreciated. I tried setting up waypoints but of course with no map I couldn't do it.

How do you set it up on the SC? I have Bluetooth connection between the SC and the iPhone 11 which is on 4G but the map is still not viable on the SC. As I am new to all of this I'm no doubt doing something wrong or not setting the connection up properly? any help appreciated. I tried setting up waypoints but of course with no map I couldn't do it.
I don’t know if you can do it through Bluetooth & I don’t use an iPhone.

I set my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot & connect the Smart Controller to the internet through the hotspot.

I would assume you would do the same with your iPhone.

You need to have the Hotspot on the IPhone turned on. The connect the SC to the hotspot. I don't know what good the bluetooth does for the connection of the two devices. I use both (IPhone and SC at work) (Android and SC for personal use). Special unlocks also require the internet connection this way.

hi guys took my MA2 with the SC out today first time I have had a good flight due to high winds and lots of Rain in North Devon. My problem is when I carried out a hover test in my garden I had the map show on the DJI Go4 app. When I got to my fight take off point NO map I tried everything I could re starting checking the Bluetooth was connected to the controller, no go no map. Came home hovered again in the garden and I had a map? Im thinking something to do with the fact it can pick up the WiFi at home but where I flew I only had 4G. Any ideas?
Just curious, you say you’re flying a Mavic Air 2 and using DJI Go4? They aren’t compatible - you have to use the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: TampaTC
Go to wifi settings on SC, switch on personal hotspot on iPhone 11, look for iPhone on SC and connect. Forget Bluetooth.

Reactions: DougMcC
You're not alone! I recently purchased the Air 2 and have the smart controller because I use to own the mavic 2 pro. I was always able to get maps by using my smartphone as a hot spot. So far cannot make this happen with the air 2. I have contacted DJI several times and they just tell me to make sure I have the latest firmware, etc.

You're not alone! I recently purchased the Air 2 and have the smart controller because I use to own the mavic 2 pro. I was always able to get maps by using my smartphone as a hot spot. So far cannot make this happen with the air 2. I have contacted DJI several times and they just tell me to make sure I have the latest firmware, etc.
Just curious, you say you’re flying a Mavic Air 2 and using DJI Go4? They aren’t compatible - you have to use the DJI Fly app.
Sorry my typing is crap it should read Mavic 2 Pro
Go to wifi settings on SC, switch on personal hotspot on iPhone 11, look for iPhone on SC and connect. Forget Bluetooth.
Thanks Bud will give it a go

I don’t know if you can do it through Bluetooth & I don’t use an iPhone.

I set my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot & connect the Smart Controller to the internet through the hotspot.

I would assume you would do the same with your iPhone.
I am having similar issues with the SC and the Air 3. I cannot get maps and I can't seem to get a hot spot from my phone. When I use to fly the M2P I had no issues, got maps via hot spot almost 99.9% of the time.

I am having the same problem. I downloaded and installed App version 1.4.2, iPhone hot spot is on, SC WiFi shows a connection to the phone, phones data roaming is on but no maps, and the drone and SC orientation are way off. Also find my drone doesn't work.

I am having the same problem. I downloaded and installed App version 1.4.2, iPhone hot spot is on, SC WiFi shows a connection to the phone, phones data roaming is on but no maps, and the drone and SC orientation are way off. Also find my drone doesn't work.
All SC Apps for DJI are loaded by the SC Firmware updates, it is not recommended to side load the DJI Android Apps as they can and do cause issues. Delete your App and let the firmware put the proper App on your SC and see if that fixes the issue. Latest SC Firmware: New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (04/15/2021)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest