DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more horizon Tilt.

Javierz0509

Reactions
After doing the firmware update and flying I was still getting some horizon tilt, well I decided to do a precise gimbal calibration when I mean precise I made sure that my floor was 100% level I even use a level to see that it was level to 0 degrees and well here is a video I made and didn't notice tilt.

I had to re-calibrate the horizon tilt on the gimbal after a crash. I was knocked off and I was afraid it was messed up. After the calibration using the horizon, it is spot on.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
I'm having horizon problems. Even after doing the calibration, it's not always right.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
I'm having horizon problems. Even after doing the calibration, it's not always right.
do you have a video to show? what I did was the following, first, I placed the drone in a flat area but I didn't know if that flat area was actually 100% level and I would still noticed some random horizon tilt, so what i did was got a flat panel and a level tool and made sure my flat panel was 100% level with my level tool after I did the calibration it was all level and no horizon tilt.

do you have a video to show? what I did was the following, first, I placed the drone in a flat area but I didn't know if that flat area was actually 100% level and I would still noticed some random horizon tilt, so what i did was got a flat panel and a level tool and made sure my flat panel was 100% level with my level tool after I did the calibration it was all level and no horizon tilt.
I'll look for video tomorrow. It's late here.

Here's the video. I guess the tilt isn't too bad, but I don't like it. I did a automatic calibration on the table at home, right before I flew. I uploaded the whole original file in 4k, but on YouTube I guess they reduced it.

Here's the video. I guess the tilt isn't too bad, but I don't like it. I did a automatic calibration on the table at home, right before I flew. I uploaded the whole original file in 4k, but on YouTube I guess they reduced it.

sorry for the late response, i would not be comfortable with that amount of tilt, how do you know your table at home is 100% level? that was the same issue i had so i got a level tool and made sure my surface was 100% level.

Thanks for your reply. A strange thing happened. A week ago, I was getting a firmware update available message when I flew. I ignored it at first. Then, at home, I did it. It didn't have to download. But it started the install at 72%. I thought that was strange. After that, the horizon seemed level. So for some reason, maybe I had an incomplete firmware update. Usally, I make sure the update finishes 100%, or I do it over. Also, I have a mountain range to the west, so even if the gimbal is level, it looks like there's tilt. But it's really just the natural tilt of the land. When I look in other directions, the horizon seems fine now. That vlogger, OriginalBo, said the latest update fixed his horizon problem too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji