DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more horizon Tilt.

Javierz0509

Reactions
After doing the firmware update and flying I was still getting some horizon tilt, well I decided to do a precise gimbal calibration when I mean precise I made sure that my floor was 100% level I even use a level to see that it was level to 0 degrees and well here is a video I made and didn't notice tilt.

I had to re-calibrate the horizon tilt on the gimbal after a crash. I was knocked off and I was afraid it was messed up. After the calibration using the horizon, it is spot on.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
I'm having horizon problems. Even after doing the calibration, it's not always right.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
I'm having horizon problems. Even after doing the calibration, it's not always right.
do you have a video to show? what I did was the following, first, I placed the drone in a flat area but I didn't know if that flat area was actually 100% level and I would still noticed some random horizon tilt, so what i did was got a flat panel and a level tool and made sure my flat panel was 100% level with my level tool after I did the calibration it was all level and no horizon tilt.

do you have a video to show? what I did was the following, first, I placed the drone in a flat area but I didn't know if that flat area was actually 100% level and I would still noticed some random horizon tilt, so what i did was got a flat panel and a level tool and made sure my flat panel was 100% level with my level tool after I did the calibration it was all level and no horizon tilt.
I'll look for video tomorrow. It's late here.

Here's the video. I guess the tilt isn't too bad, but I don't like it. I did a automatic calibration on the table at home, right before I flew. I uploaded the whole original file in 4k, but on YouTube I guess they reduced it.

Here's the video. I guess the tilt isn't too bad, but I don't like it. I did a automatic calibration on the table at home, right before I flew. I uploaded the whole original file in 4k, but on YouTube I guess they reduced it.

sorry for the late response, i would not be comfortable with that amount of tilt, how do you know your table at home is 100% level? that was the same issue i had so i got a level tool and made sure my surface was 100% level.

Thanks for your reply. A strange thing happened. A week ago, I was getting a firmware update available message when I flew. I ignored it at first. Then, at home, I did it. It didn't have to download. But it started the install at 72%. I thought that was strange. After that, the horizon seemed level. So for some reason, maybe I had an incomplete firmware update. Usally, I make sure the update finishes 100%, or I do it over. Also, I have a mountain range to the west, so even if the gimbal is level, it looks like there's tilt. But it's really just the natural tilt of the land. When I look in other directions, the horizon seems fine now. That vlogger, OriginalBo, said the latest update fixed his horizon problem too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078