DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No option for Offline Maps

Viva

Reactions
Hi all, sorry for making another thread about this but I can't seem to find a solution in any of the others threads on this topic.

I bought my Mavic last week and have been flying locally with my wifi/celluar on.

I now want to fly without it so looking to cache maps offline.

However I can't seem to get the option to appear in the DJI GO4 App - I am using an Android phone.

Has this option been removed?

top right corner from first splash screen. third option down.
Hi, thanks.

I don't have that option appear on the app.

I get:
- Scan QR Code
- Academy
- Flight Record
- Store
- Find My Drone
- Flight Restriction Information

You mean this option?
5af4dc9ee9c8135c1e9bfa54dd748d00.jpg

Thats what he is asking for? Isnt it? Dont understand it, but thats my problem [emoji1]

If I open the app and load the map for the area nearby - and then go to airplane mode - will the map data stay cached and will I be able to track the flight?

Interesting. The offline maps option doesn't seem to be available on the latest version of DJI GO 4 v4.1.18.
Certainly not on mine now!

Luckily, I already had England downloaded ... and no plans to be anywhere else for some time.
Strangely, the thing I could never work out is how you removed downloaded maps. I'm guessing that however one should be able to do that is also gone. LOL!

Used them for a 3 months tour of Italy in the summer. Stayed offline with that phone for all 3 months to prevent any updates/uploads over mobile data.
Still want to get that data off, somehow, without just deleting it via a file manager app. There must be a way using the DJI app.

Screenshot_20171022-135218.png I'm still ok I'll just use an old app with Google if I need a map
Screenshot_20170919-220337.png

Use app cloner to run multiple versions
Screenshot_20171005-232334.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckp