DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Photo Zoom Functions on Mavic Air 2 - WHY?

Air 2S great upgrade from the MA2. Pair it with the RC-Pro Combo bundle and you have a real winner, that can later be upgraded to the flagship Mavic 3 at a substantial savings over buying the RC-Pro separately!
Matter of fact, my wife ordered the RC Pro controller as a surprise. It should be here in two more days

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There has to be a way to attach a small zoom lens the same way a filter or anamorphic lens is attached, even if the quality isn't outstanding. Some of the iPhone lenses are 40-50g but I bet you could get that down to 20-30g which is on par with the heavier anamorphic lenses.

There has to be a way to attach a small zoom lens the same way a filter or anamorphic lens is attached, even if the quality isn't outstanding. Some of the iPhone lenses are 40-50g but I bet you could get that down to 20-30g which is on par with the heavier anamorphic lenses.
The heavier anamorphic lenses have been a disaster with the DJI gimbals. On the M2P, it had to be mounted after the camera booted up normally without it, and the gimbal would still frequently go limp in flight, requiring landing and removal and starting allover again!

The heavier anamorphic lenses have been a disaster with the DJI gimbals. On the M2P, it had to be mounted after the camera booted up normally without it, and the gimbal would still frequently go limp in flight, requiring landing and removal and starting allover again!
I'd still like the option. It's pushing the limits of what the gimbal can handle, I'd expect problems like that.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and I have repeatedly read who DJI recently added a Zoom function to the drone, operated by pressing a number to the left of the shutter button in the DJI Fly app as well as the Smart Controller. I have BOTH - the app and controller - and neither display the number next to the shutter button. I've updated both apps and I still don't seem to have the functions.

What gives?
I just pinch or spread two fingers on the screen to zoom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike