DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No raw photos?

Charge me an extra $200, but give me the same features MP got, including occusync, 4k video (hopefully with adjustable codec and bitrate), raws, all the shooting modes (burst, aeb...) etc, but keep the small form factor... i'd totally buy.

Reactions: dronepilotbob
MAYBE omitting RAW resulted in a smaller/cheaper/lighter buffer or signal transfer component? That and the product diversification argument already mentioned are the only things I can come up with...

All images are RAW sensor data at some point. Broadly speaking, you can't get a JPEG without a RAW file - a JPEG is just a processed 8bit version of a RAW file. No reason at all they couldn't unlock the RAWs other than market positioning and apparently fear of cannibalizing Mavic Air sales.

If they released an Air2 I would be quite interested, though the Air is already so advanced for it's size I am not sure what they would add since they wouldn't increase sensor size. Maybe longer flight time, top/side sensors, 4K60P, etc.

If they came out with a smaller drone with Occusync I would buy it sight unseen if I could use it with my Smart Controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness