DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No way to format SD card

My smart controller "settings menu" has no format button to format SD card in or out of my Mavic 2 Pro. Running latest version of the controller software version: 1.1.64 ?
I've always formatted SD card one of 2 ways:
  1. In Camera Settings in DJI GO 4
  2. In a SD card reader connected to a computer or tablet file manager

Thanks for responding,
After some thinking around, I am able to format SD card in controller. Not in camera.
The work around is ok. It would be nice if DJI were to get all Apps compatible with Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1.

Curious to know why you would want to format card via controller when it's the camera that's the photo source.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
If you are talking about putting the SD card in the controller, you don't need to worry about formatting it. If you mean putting it in the drone and formatting for the camera, then you do that via the controller. I have a SC and a Mavic 2 Pro and it shows up on my SC screen, when I choose to format the Micro SD card that's in the drone, as I'm sure it will on yours. As long as you know where to go to find that function, of course.

If you are talking about putting the SD card in the controller, you don't need to worry about formatting it. If you mean putting it in the drone and formatting for the camera, then you do that via the controller. I have a SC and a Mavic 2 Pro and it shows up on my SC screen, when I choose to format the Micro SD card that's in the drone, as I'm sure it will on yours. As long as you know where to go to find that function, of course.
When I have the SD card in the camera there is no selection on the Smart Controller to format.
I guess I do not know where the function resides.

When I have the SD card in the camera there is no selection on the Smart Controller to format.
I guess I do not know where the function resides.
Which app does it have,don’t have one. If it’s go or go4
its here
A3315915-DA0F-462F-A52C-D7EC8A1D1D33.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro