DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noise levels of different drones

SC country

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air - when I fly it, I can hear the thing before I can see coming back. I bought what were supposed to be low noise level props from Master Airscrew but they returned damaged every time I flew. I am considering buying the new Mavic 3 Pro or an Avata. I have heard the Avata is noisy. Does anyone know the DB level generated by each DJI drone?

anything higher pitched is going to be irritating as I had to get stop flying my FPV because the Neighbors hated the sound of that drone it was very hard tone. The Mavic 3 with the Master Props have been really nice low tone frequency , the neighbors next door barely here it thru the walls when I am on my Upper Patio Deck. The FPV gave me a headache no matter where I flew it as it was that loud and I like to keep a low profile as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Curious, are you hitting limbs or are they just deteriorating from everyday use?

The reason that I am asking is that I just bought a blue and orange set for my Air 2S.

Curious, are you hitting limbs or are they just deteriorating from everyday use?

The reason that I am asking is that I just bought a blue and orange set for my Air 2S.
Not really sure I hit limbs honestly - I may have hit a blade of grass landing when not landing 100% on my landing pad. I flew with DJI props for years and never damaged one except when I flew straight up into a tree canopy. I damaged the Master Screw props each of the three times I flew them. Best of luck to you - it's probably just me.

I had the Mavic Air 1 and it was terribly noisy like a hornets nest preparing for attack. My friends Mavic Pro was far quieter and my Mavic 3 is amazingly quiet. It seems that those drones where the props aren’t rigid, but have the prop on a pivot, are all much quieter that the old Mavic Air 1.

Given the stark differences between the intent and capabilities of the Avata and M3P, I think the more important question is what do you want to get out of your drone? The Avata is *extremely* loud (even for an FPV drone) and has some unique flight capabilities, including fully manual acrobatic flight, that allow it to be both fun to fly and to capture unique footage, but overall its video quality is just decent and it is worthless for photos. The M3P is a photo/video monster that does little more than go up/down/pitch/yaw (it obviously has very powerful tracking modes and what not, but in terms of flight maneuvers what it does is very basic and limited).

For the record, I bought an Avata because I already had an Air2S for photo/video and wanted something to just do fun acrobatic stuff and maybe some more action-oriented cinematic footage. But my priority with drone flying is on high-quality photo/video, so if I had to keep one, it would be my Air2S (maybe one day I will be able to upgrade to an M3).

I have not taken measurements but subjectively, the drones I have owned, the quietest in order has been the Mini 3 Pro, Mini 2, Mavic 3, Air 2(s), and not close the Avata. My Avata is without question the loudest drone I have had but for small props to lift the weight it's no surprise. My Mini 3P has been above me at the beach, 15-20 feet above, and I have lost it in the sound from the waves. I had to search for it thinking I must have been further down the beach. All make enough noise at speed to hear them even at higher elevation but it's not terrible.

low-noise.png

I haven't taken decibel readings, but I did film a noise test between the Air 2S, Avata, Mavic 3, and DJI FPV Drone:

Reactions: JoelP
The avata while nice is not suitable for most filming because of the irritating high pitch and is way to load probably the loudest cinewhoop I have ever used. Animals will always be nervous around it and no matter how hard they try your subjects eyes will glance toward it. I don’t know the db level but it’s to high unless you are just filming things and not people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer