DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noisy fan !

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Just collected Air 2 s this morning,turned it on and was surprised by the fan noise ,way louder than my Air 2 i had 2 of those and nothing like this.have a listen at the video and please compare with yours . when you move the drone it sounds like a loud shaver.

Reactions: andrew reeves
Mine sounds exactly the same, I wondered whether it was something to do with the gimbal, but it does sound like it's coming from the fan.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Mine sounds exactly the same, I wondered whether it was something to do with the gimbal, but it does sound like it's coming from the fan.
sounds like a bloody high powered electric shaver.....so yours makes the same sounds when moved about.sounds like the fan blades are almost catching ,i did not want to register it if was going straight back.
i will wait for some other feedback thanks for the input.

There is another post on here with someone else saying the same thing, and others have said send it back. ??‍♂️

I think the Air 2 S has a lager fan maybe for cooling.maybe as was pointed out to me its just a gyroscopic effect of a larger fan ?? also i think maybe the S stands for Shaver....?

Just collected Air 2 s this morning,turned it on and was surprised by the fan noise ,way louder than my Air 2 i had 2 of those and nothing like this.have a listen at the video and please compare with yours . when you move the drone it sounds like a loud shaver.

As mentioned there is another post with this and his is much worse. Yours sounds like it will definitely wear down as the edges are catching on something, but what is that something? I would return. I am thinking (And this is just a guess) that as stored in the shipment container the fan is pointing to the ground. And that this container or pallet perhaps was dropped, so IMU may not be the best ever given dropping. I am quite sure if enough people turn them in through proper channels, DJI will see this and check line run dates and shipment numbers so start returning the things gang so they can do a recall on that series or whatever to make things easier for the next guy that may get one. :)

As mentioned there is another post with this and his is much worse. Yours sounds like it will definitely wear down as the edges are catching on something, but what is that something? I would return. I am thinking (And this is just a guess) that as stored in the shipment container the fan is pointing to the ground. And that this container or pallet perhaps was dropped, so IMU may not be the best ever given dropping. I am quite sure if enough people turn them in through proper channels, DJI will see this and check line run dates and shipment numbers so start returning the things gang so they can do a recall on that series or whatever to make things easier for the next guy that may get one. :)
Thank you

Thanks for advice ,i have taken it back to the local shop where purchased ,refunded until more stock arrives in a few days .
will take a Air 2 battery with me and have a listen before i leave.

There seem to be a number of issues big and small occurring with the Air2s that I don't remember showing up right away with the MA2. Over the last full year there have been any number of problems crop up sure, but not like this right out of the gate. I wonder if there was a bad production run, like with that batch of MA2 batteries, or like Repaid1 said that a pallet or 5 may have been bounced in transit.

Not necessarily a new issue - my Mavic Air had a "fan failure". Took it apart and ordered a replacement fan. However when I manually turned the fan it was catching on something -- interestingly enough it had been noisy from day one out of the box...tried a few things like canned compressed air. Eventually it would would turn without binding -- fired it up and the fan worked quietly... Ran three fully charged batteries through it while apart and the fan worked flawlessly -- thus I have a spare fan (the one I ordered from Amazon).
Have had several successful flights since and still working great.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Funny as I cannot hear my fan when the A2S is in the air, which is ironically where it is supposed to be, maybe the gubbings need a larger fan, I cannot tell the difference between my older MA2 and this newer A2S
Mine must have been a duffer then.my last Air 2 was very quiet compared and the one before.

I have a loud fan on startup. Usually move the drone around a little and it seems to quiet down a bit. Sounds just like a computer when the case fan is going bad.

Mine sounds exactly the same way. I guess I didn't think too much of it, but this is also my first drone so I have no point of reference.

There is a bit of a gyroscopic effect on fans as you move them around, so the shaver noise you hear is likely just that force being applied to the fan motor. The Air 2 motor is likely just quieter in that regard. If you have any experience with servos, those make a similar noise when force is applied and some are quieter than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col_001
The fan should run at 2 speeds, low and high. If the drone is sitting idle on a tabletop with no air going thru the vents to cool the internals the fan will come on at high speed to cool the internal components down. This is my assumption as to how the drone fan operates, I could be wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird