DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noisy fan !

The fan should run at 2 speeds, low and high. If the drone is sitting idle on a tabletop with no air going thru the vents to cool the internals the fan will come on at high speed to cool the internal components down. This is my assumption as to how the drone fan operates, I could be wrong.

It could be. It’s logical

sounds ok ,but when you move the drone does the fan sound different ?

No, when I move it, it sounds the same, when I take it out into the street and blow it up, everything goes well. The noise is like that, above all, when it's leaning on the table, on the street, and flying, it's not hot

No, when I move it, it sounds the same, when I take it out into the street and blow it up, everything goes well. The noise is like that, above all, when it's leaning on the table, on the street, and flying, it's not hot
sounds good to me.as you heard from my video clip mine sounded like an electric shaver when moved.

Reactions: Col_001
Update just collected the new Air 2s ,sounds quiet compared to the last one no sound difference on moving it around.
will charge batteries update software ect hopefully test weds or thurs if weather is ok.

not tonight but i will try and record the newest Air 2s so you can hear the difference.

I would not consider that loud myself. Put the blades on it, and you will never hear the fan. Or just having a conversation with someone around you, will be louder.

• Wow
Reactions: ninja_geezer
I would not consider that loud myself. Put the blades on it, and you will never hear the fan. Or just having a conversation with someone around you, will be louder.
It's not how loud it is, it's that it makes a rubbing noise when moved. To me it's sounds like faulty fan bearing allowing it to move. If the new one doesn't make that noise then there would appear to be a batch of faulty fans. Last thing you want is a cpu overheating half way through a flight due to a failed fan.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
It's not how loud it is, it's that it makes a rubbing noise when moved. To me it's sounds like faulty fan bearing allowing it to move. If the new one doesn't make that noise then there would appear to be a batch of faulty fans. Last thing you want is a cpu overheating half way through a flight due to a failed fan.
spot on. this one is quiet compared and no rubbing fan sounds when its moved .

Sounds like mine? Can you post a vídeo?
There you go sounds fine this one no strange fan noises .the first was faulty unit for sure.this one sounds like my old Air 2

Reactions: Col_001
My first Air2 fan sounded the same (loud and different pitch on moving). The replacement is quieter from Amazon but still sounds the same. Only on start up, once it’s flown then the fan is almost silent when drone returns to home and runs in static position.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom