DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Drone Pilot with a new Mavic Air 2 to explore

reaganbp

Reactions
Hello, all.

I am new to this forum and to drones in general, and I appreciate much of what I read here, especially the analysis of flight logs submitted by and to members. This community is amazing in that way, imho.

I've spent about 6 years flying a Blade MCx Tandem Rescue RC copter. A buddy decided to upgrade me to a Mavic Air 2, which arrived today. I have yet to open the factory box. I would like to ask you all the following, even if I need to type it into another thread:

First, I read in our forums about so many people talking about the various aspects of phone/tablet visibility and control - Does anyone suggest the best options or the best device to use with the Mavic Air 2 and its controller? (It seems like a lot of complaining and bickering going on, in addition to DIY fixes for underperforming phones and tablets, without anyone offering a solid suggestion of the best hardware. Please correct me if I am reading the forums incorrectly.)

Second, could anyone suggest what I might want to purchase as a care/flight/warranty package for a new Mavic Air 2, before it is even out of the box. Mine was purchased directly from DJI in China, and I sort of wish I had just purchased it on Amazon, from Amazon, and Fulfilled by Amazon, but, do you all have any suggestions now? [Note: as an Amazon employee I had some biased opinions about this I might be willing to discuss.]

[All of the above is submitted respectfully, and honestly, I am asking for sage advice, not trying to insult anyone]

Reactions: dirkclod
The phone stuff is just preference as long as you have something somewhat newer (last few years). I have flown with both android and iphone (not ipads though).

I would ask myself this question(s):
  • Do I want to use the same device I carry in my pocket? If the answer is yes just pick a phone you want to use for your daily phone stuff.
  • Do I want a larger screen? See above if that wont work look for a tablet option.
Just my 2 cents, but then again as you noticed this is a hot topic lol.

Good luck, btw i use a s20ultra, used a S8 before and still use a work iphone 9 here or there.

I prefer my ipad mini over my phone, but thats just me/
A lot of people seem to like the iPad mini 5. Does it fit in the holder ok or do you need to get some sort of extension kit? I use a Samsung S10 and there doesn't seem to be a lot more room for anything much bigger

Reactions: reaganbp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada