DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

noob questions about Part 107

Since I now have my business model sorted out, and I want to use whichever of my drones (Mini-2s) I want for the commercial ops, I'm going to go ahead and register my other two as107 as well (one already is).

But a new question just crossed my mind: If you use DJI Care Refresh, and you get a different drone back...do you have to separately re-register the new one? De-active the old registration?

I'd assume yes, but I don't know.

TCS

Since I now have my business model sorted out, and I want to use whichever of my drones (Mini-2s) I want for the commercial ops, I'm going to go ahead and register my other two as107 as well (one already is).

But a new question just crossed my mind: If you use DJI Care Refresh, and you get a different drone back...do you have to separately re-register the new one? De-active the old registration?

I'd assume yes, but I don't know.

TCS
Correct, if it has a new serial number you delete the old an make a new registration

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes you will need to reregister it under Part 107 if you plan to fly your Air 2 under the Part 107 umbrella.
If not you will only be able to use your Air 2 for strictly recreational purposes.
Thanks for the information and have a good holiday season.

Correct, if it has a new serial number you delete the old an make a new registration
Yeah, I figured.

Fortunately, the one that's already 107 registered is still the same one that I got new out of the box.

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku