DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NOOB

DINOROCK

Reactions
my 1st ever drone video its short and sweet and has no sound but i'm just getting started be gentle :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Some suggestions about posting videos.

1. Don't post a video that looks like you're "scouting" out what to film.
2. Scout out the place first, then fly and film places/things of interest.
3. Pan SLOW and as you fly. You don't have to stop the drone from panning that's where scouting out in advance comes in. Fast panning will cause you to lose viewers more often than filming things that are not very interesting.
4. When posting drone videos, ensure you follow the flight rules.. Some will focus on that MORE than anything else while viewing on this forum.
5. Keep it short. With extreme exception will anyone set a watch a LONG video I would suggest 5 minutes and less.
6. Practice Makes Perfect. Your flying skills will improve, and you will develop an eye that will film areas/things of interest.
7. Remember that you don't have to post everything you video (at least on this forum)

Good luck and get out there and do it :)_

Bonza advice there from Capt Fields, especially the last point - don't post everything you film - get discerning about smoothness and quality of shot, and raise your pilot game to match ! I would begin by setting some better / smoother rates in the control settings - if you have a look round this site - someone has done a great list of them all for the smoothest results, which I will try and link you in on if I can find it (was for Mini 4 Pro I think). Is that what you have ?

Try and get a video editing workflow together; using something like DaVinci Resolve (free version fine unless you need 10-bit). That makes it easy to cut up complete flight videos into just the best bits, which you can then be selective about and edit together for best effect, and to any music you may add.

In choosing music, when you eventually get to that you need something that has a regular pulse (which doesn't have to be drums etc), but isn't too hectic or loud or distracting, or 'inappropriately grand / triumphant' (when you're filming something quite dull for example !). Then again, if you ARE filming something spectacular, then your music should reflect that too ! I'm a great fan of the film music genre for drone vids on the whole, but many musical styles work if you find the right piece (except big band jazz, hip hop, calypso or anything involving bagpipes). Overall I would say stay away from anything with vocals unless they are choirs ! Conversely, large String sections and drone footage were made for each other ;)

When you get on to making really top-drawer videos, you are well-advised that the best ones are edited not as an unrelated chain of single shots, but more cinematically, to 'tell the story' of the flight session (shot continuity etc) and to give a sense of the history / events / information surrounding the location, all of which adds interest to the video. Consider combing aerial shots with ground level ones and photo inserts too if it helps make things more varied and interesting...

Last edited:
Very good info above. PLEASE take all of this constructively - we like seeing members succeed - there is LOTS of help here for the asking. Now some from me.
In the DJI Fly App:
There are three modes on the controller Position, Sport, & CineSmooth. These equate to Normal, Sport, & Cine modes on other drones. You should try using the different modes when you fly. CineSmooth will give you the smoothest flight, while Sport will more to the extreme level.
Take the time to get know what your drone's sticks and gimbal wheel do.
Practice, practice,...did I mention Practice? Start by putting the drone up @ about 5'. Move the drone using each input to see what it does. The purpose of this is to gain muscle memory for when you're out flying and have to also keep an eye on your drone, you can fly without looking @ your sticks as much.
Find a good editor, free is good. I've been using Capcut.
I would say - your video is a good start. Everyone starts @ their beginning. The more your fly, the more you edit, the better you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
checksix