DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Normal? Sudden nodding / jumping at slow speed (Video)

johnicepick

Reactions
Hey Guys,

Since a few days I'm an owner of a Mavic Air. Right on my first flight I noticed an odd behavior of my drone. Whenever I'm flying forward / backwards / to the side and I release the stick on the controller the drone does some kind of an abrupt nodding / jump in the air - accompanied with some 'none healthy' sound.
This happens even when I move the stick really slow, and move it slowly back to the center. The footage made by the gimbal-camera just slightly affected.

These kind of abrupt nods / jumps also happens at no wind either.

I made a video of that odd behavior with my camera:

The question is: Is this a typical mavic air behavior?
I haven't seen it this intense on other youtube videos.

Thanks for your response!

Some like a gradual slow to stop and some like an immediate stop. There is a breaking setting in Go 4 that can be adjusted (Position Menu / Advanced Settings / Sensitivity).

Ah. I remember that option somewhere in the menu, I will have a look - any suggestions for some "optimal" movement? Because optically it looks odd.

Edit: I found this in the menu:
Screenshot_20181025-212722.png
It was before on 100% (which I believe is the standard?).
I put it now on 80%. If its wrong I'll try 150%.

I will post the result tomorrow, when its daylight again.

Last edited:
You can set it for more gradual breaking and use the RC cancel button if you need an emergency stop.

These kind of sudden stops are still there, they got much less, but are still there.
Even when I move the stick extremly slowly back to the center.

Nevertheless: on the gimbal footage it is barely to see.
I'm still not sure if this is normal...

These kind of sudden stops are still there, they got much less, but are still there.
Even when I move the stick extremly slowly back to the center...
Have you tried adjusting your braking value? Does it do it in Cinematic mode?

Hey Guys,

Since a few days I'm an owner of a Mavic Air. Right on my first flight I noticed an odd behavior of my drone. Whenever I'm flying forward / backwards / to the side and I release the stick on the controller the drone does some kind of an abrupt nodding / jump in the air - accompanied with some 'none healthy' sound.
This happens even when I move the stick really slow, and move it slowly back to the center. The footage made by the gimbal-camera just slightly affected.

These kind of abrupt nods / jumps also happens at no wind either.

I made a video of that odd behavior with my camera:

The question is: Is this a typical mavic air behavior?
I haven't seen it this intense on other youtube videos.

Thanks for your response!
News?I've the same problem...

Last edited:
Are you perhaps in Sport mode? That type of behavior seems to be more common there.

My new air did this a few times yesterday when I was flying indoors, with OA turned on, and it was hovering a few feet off the floor between the TV, couch and walls. It wouldn't move in any direction but up, since it sensed obstacles in every direction. I turned OA off, and it went right back to glassy smooth. Maybe dirty sensors? Try turning off obstacle avoidance and see if that changes anything

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard