DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

North Jersey Fliers?

vanderzyde0

Reactions
I am in Morris County NJ - wondering if there is anyone here in that area and would want to explore a few places to fly our drones. I have the Mavic Air and have flown about 5 times.

Let me know if anyone is interested and when we get a nice clear day above 32 degrees we can get together and fly.

I'm in wantage nj. Right near High Point state park, I'm on the cusp of buying my first drone, (Mav Air). But, I'm so close to great sites to fly, but, looks like according to the NJ laws, I'm not really allowed to fly in them, so, I'm wondering why I would buy it, if I can't fly where I want? I also am going to the Yellowstone area this summer, and want to become efficient at flying for that trip, but, looks like I cant fly there either. Frustrating.... any advice would be appreciated.

I'm in wantage nj. Right near High Point state park, I'm on the cusp of buying my first drone, (Mav Air). But, I'm so close to great sites to fly, but, looks like according to the NJ laws, I'm not really allowed to fly in them, so, I'm wondering why I would buy it, if I can't fly where I want? I also am going to the Yellowstone area this summer, and want to become efficient at flying for that trip, but, looks like I cant fly there either. Frustrating.... any advice would be appreciated.
As far as I know county and local parks are still ok to fly in/over. NJ state parks are off limits.

There are also a lot of NJ landmarks that are not state run that are also OK to fly in.

If you do get the Mavic Air let me know and we can get together and find a couple nice places up here in spring to explore and photograph.

Reactions: Whitewaterflies
Cool - start looking for local and county parks up there. I love camping in High Point but we can't fly there.

Yup, I have been looking. I have a county park right across from my house. Would be a great place to practice. I'm going to talk to high point tomorrow, just for the hell of it.

I am in Morris County NJ - wondering if there is anyone here in that area and would want to explore a few places to fly our drones. I have the Mavic Air and have flown about 5 times.

Let me know if anyone is interested and when we get a nice clear day above 32 degrees we can get together and fly.

hi, new member and new MA owner...i just recently registered with the FAA as a modeler (sect 336).

also in morris co.

haven't flown the MA yet but I have been flying toy-grade drones in the backyard for the past few months.

what parks in the county have you flown your drone? I emailed the county park admin twice inquiring where it's ok to fly but they never replied.

hi, new member and new MA owner...i just recently registered with the FAA as a modeler (sect 336).

also in morris co.

haven't flown the MA yet but I have been flying toy-grade drones in the backyard for the past few months.

what parks in the county have you flown your drone? I emailed the county park admin twice inquiring where it's ok to fly but they never replied.

I have also only flown over my neighborhood and a friends neighborhood. I don’t expect the county will get back to you.

As soon as it warms up a bit and isn’t raining I want to start exploring. I completely understand that people don’t want drones over their heads when enjoying a day at the park so I expect to visit a few local parks during the day on a weekday to see how many people are there.

My local park is empty most days so far but on the first nice day I’m sure a lot of people will come out of their winter hibernation and flood the parks.

Let me know if you want to get together the first week of April and try to get a flight in at a park in Morris county.

i live in West Milford and I'm also interested. I have a MP for a little over a year and still new with few flights. If there are any plans for a meetup let me know.

Morris Co here also, had my MA for 3 weeks but only flown it in my neighborhood, was thinking of trying some parks around me on weekdays after work as well.

Greetings All,

I.m a new pilot (Mavic 2 Pro) based in Montague, NJ and looking to meetup with others for flying, information sharing and discussion. I also have 18 acres of rough & rugged land to fy around on.

Hey join us.. Jersey Droners we are more central Jersey but we are starting to branch out further. Our goal is to find interesting places to fly that have a history. Old train yards, abandoned industrial area, old abandoned architecture, and the Arthur Kill Boat Graveyard is my favorite.

Tomorrow morning we are flying out over the Raritan bay at 6:00am . From the old bridge waterfront park. A few of us are arriving for sunset around 5:30am. We are on meetup.com Jersey droners

Hey join us.. Jersey Droners we are more central Jersey but we are starting to branch out further. Our goal is to find interesting places to fly that have a history. Old train yards, abandoned industrial area, old abandoned architecture, and the Arthur Kill Boat Graveyard is my favorite.

Tomorrow morning we are flying out over the Raritan bay at 6:00am . From the old bridge waterfront park. A few of us are arriving for sunset around 5:30am. We are on meetup.com Jersey droners

I haven't been around due to family health issues but have time now. I joined the Jersey Droners Meetup and look forward to attending a couple meetups!

Hi. I am a newbi so far I have Mavic Air 2, trading lit, FAA registered.
I live in Chester. I certainly am in need of guidance (with patience)
and some that doesn’t mind questions

my first question is where to find drone friendly places to practice?
thanks in advance

Ed Picciuti

Try the NJDUG = New Jersey Drone Users Group.
NJDUG
You'll have to join through an online group called "Meetup", but once through that you can apply and Nick will accept you. He has been able to schedule outings every weekend and now some weekdays as well, and they are all FAA sanctioned (ie; no TFR issues, etc.). Some events are further South (again due to Himself visiting NJ almost every weekend), but when available the two easiest spots close to Morris County are the old Hanover Airport just off New Road by I-280, and Garett Mountain in Woodland Park.
Great bunch to fly and learn with.

Jake

Any good places to fly my drone in Morris County? I live within 5 miles of Morristown airport and have trouble flying.

Just traded my Mavic air in for an Air 2 and live in Morristown. I've been squeezing in a few flights between cold spells. Looking to fly with any others in the area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom