DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not Enough Force/ESC Error M2P

SwampMavic

Reactions
I had an issue this morning and wanted to see if anyone has experienced this. I had been flying for about 21 minutes with my M2P and had no issues. I hit RTH to come home, at about 3000’ away I got a strong interference to RC message, but didn’t immediately have any other issues. My image transmission cut off at around 400’ from home, but wasn’t worried because I could still see it coming back and then start to land. It came down to the landing point without issue, but the motors wouldn’t shut off. Nothing I did worked, I eventually had to grab the drone with the props spinning and physically pop the battery out. Airdata had a not enough force/esc error. There were two warnings with that error, one saying repeated 7 times and the other saying repeated 21 times. Anyone have something similar happen before? Popped the props off and restored the AC to factory settings. When I turned back on and connected, I didn’t get any error messages, haven’t tried to fly it again yet.

Attachments

• 48A4D2D0-1B83-4B8E-BECE-2D9026AF8F0D.png
    48A4D2D0-1B83-4B8E-BECE-2D9026AF8F0D.png
    606.1 KB · Views: 25
Anyone have something similar happen before?
Usually this is due to a loose,missing or damaged prop as far as the NEF error goes. It could also be related to the ESC.

If you can share the full link to your airdata log here we can take a closer look and see if there is anything else there of note.

Cant say for sure without seeing the actual data, but taking this with a grain of salt the numerous upper OA detections could indicate that you possibly clipped a prop on something. A tree? Bush? That would also give you the NEF error.

OBSTACLE.PNG

Cant say for sure without seeing the actual data, but taking this with a grain of salt the numerous upper OA detections could indicate that you possibly clipped a prop on something. A tree? Bush? That would also give you the NEF error.

View attachment 77676
I definitely didn’t clip any of the props, all those notifications came after it had landed but the props wouldn’t shut off. I physically had to grab it with the props still going so the obstacle it was sensing was me lol

I definitely didn’t clip any of the props, all those notifications came after it had landed but the props wouldn’t shut off
Ah! Now that makes more sense.

The NEF error only lasted for 3 seconds at the end of the log. This is most likely when you pulled the battery.

NEF.png

So any idea why the props would not shut off once it landed?
Well, my first thought is, I don't see any command to stop the motors in the log. No throttle down, No CSC nothing.

If you see it someplace, I don't. All of your inputs are shown below.

For reference, this is what I am looking for and it is not there.

Motors.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair