DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not enough light! What?

cameraz

Reactions
I took my Mini to my back yard today to test it out, and while flying I got a message on the screen saying, "Lighting environment too dark. Visual positioning inaccurate. Fly with caution." The message appeared a couple of times during the short flight.

I have never seen that message before, especially since it was partially sunny out. Granted, much of my backyard was shaded by nearby trees, but it was till plenty bright out. I mean, I have flown at night and never received that message. And earlier in the day I took a test flight inside my house and I did not receive that message.

Later, in my house, I looked at the flight log and it showed that my Home Point and the entire flight was taken from the roof of my house, and not in my back yard.

Meanwhile, I had landed twice and took off on two other short flights in my yard, and the flight path accurately showed that I was in my back yard both times.

Strange.

I wonder if it is the contrast between the well lit areas seen by the camera and the shadow into which the VPS was looking?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone