DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not happy with Mavic 2 zoom

@Endeavor: Slow (or bad) memory card that causes a lag when writing to it? Try using the internal flash and see if it is better. I also have an M2Z (previous M1P owner) and I have no such issues like you have.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Yes you are correct and my fault as I am mixing up two separate issues and causing confusion. Primary is the delays and odd controller behavior. The image quality is something else I will address later.

Yes you are correct and my fault as I am mixing up two separate issues and causing confusion. Primary is the delays and odd controller behavior. The image quality is something else I will address later.

If you're confident in your knowledge of how your UAS is supposed to operate (meaning it's not operator error) and are seeing these weird issues with latency and image sharpness then is returning it an option?

How come my M2Z does not say RECORDING STARTED and RECORDING STOPPED. I never new it did that.

True that the Mavic 2 (any option) is way better than the Air but also the Mavic Pro was, except a few downsides due to the older software.
But if you ain't in a rush for a drone (as you still have the Air) it's better waiting for the next iterations of both.
The Mavic 2 in some key aspects is a disappointment Vs. the Platinum, e.g. battery (shorter), range (shorter) and noise (louder/more annoying).

DJI are seemingly going out of stock, which means that there might be something behind the corner. Another "Platinum" or another Air.

If they came up with an Air2 with 360° obstacle avoidance, reduce noise and possibly add zoom, that might be a killer.
So that on the next Mavic iteration could add cellular and IoT paradigm, etc.

OK problem solved. As it turns out the ipad mini2 is not compatible with the MP2. I have 3 mini2's and none of them work with the MP2z .Using litchi or djigo4 the record stop record start has serious delay issues and inconsistencies. Switching to my S6 phone and it works perfectly. As far as image quality that is another separate issue.

Reactions: Thomas B
OK problem solved. As it turns out the ipad mini2 is not compatible with the MP2. I have 3 mini2's and none of them work with the MP2z .Using litchi or djigo4 the record stop record start has serious delay issues and inconsistencies. Switching to my S6 phone and it works perfectly. As far as image quality that is another separate issue.
Well da#n both devices are old lol ipad mini 2 and s6....dji go 4 is very taxing. Ill tell u what 2018 6th gen ipad 9.7 in ipad is the bees nees and can be had for around 275$ (what i got mine for) i can download the 4k right to tablet then edit with lumafusion with ease.

Are you using a fast-enough micro card. I had video errors with my Inspire 2 until I switched to the fastest possible cards. Sandisc Extreme Pro.

Might explain the lag at the end of the recording - write speed too slow.

Last edited:
get yourself a class 10 Pro SD card. I've never experienced any lag whatsoever in recording or stopping the recording

Glad you solved your initial problem. Not that this will help you, but for others considering...the M2P and the M2z are completely different cameras. The M2P sensor is larger and image quality is excellent. I’ve been doing commercial imaging for a long time, and trust me, the 1 inch sensor Hasselblad on the M2P is capable of high quality results.

OK so initial problem has not been solved just masked. Also this has nothing to do with lag on video or quality it's almost like it has to clear the cache before stopping record however cache has been disabled and did not matter.

get yourself a class 10 Pro SD card. I've never experienced any lag whatsoever in recording or stopping the recording
Right but another big deal is u3 vs u1 he wants a class 10 u3 .. .alot of the Newer SD cards don't show the class only some do but u will see "u3" for instance i have a sandisk extrme plus 64gb u3 v30 A2 ....great card ....all the A2 does or is for is app speeds.... Dont think it really matters for the mavic maybe in DJI go 4 who knows but I think A2 part of it might be irrelevant for drones. Def recommend this card OP. Also i eouldnt buy any sdcards off of

Zoom will always mess your light level, that's physics. 2x zoom is 1/4 of the light. When zooming you need to have AE on OR correct in post, no way around it the way I see it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock