DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not more than a week...

pmshop

Reactions
Not more than a week and already had to turn in My Mavic Air into service.
Dark videos show 2 dots "following along" the landscape.
Also, a very faint white grid like distortion across the entire clip that takes +20% contrast to get rid of.
Currently being assessed

Not more than a week and already had to turn in My Mavic Air into service.
Dark videos show 2 dots "following along" the landscape.
Also, a very faint white grid like distortion across the entire clip that takes +20% contrast to get rid of.
Currently being assessed

Sorry to hear. It’s difficult to try to help without a video

Reactions: pvs and pmshop
Last edited:
I’ll be honest with you I didn’t see anything, though I’m watching on my phone so I’ll take a look on my computer when I get home. Is there a reason you chose a night video? Does it only happen at night?

I’ll be honest with you I didn’t see anything, though I’m watching on my phone so I’ll take a look on my computer when I get home. Is there a reason you chose a night video? Does it only happen at night?

The issue is seen only on night / dark videos.
DJI found it - replacing the lens module - covered under warranty.
Should ship out tomorrow.

Reactions: brett8883
The issue is seen only on night / dark videos.
DJI found it - replacing the lens module - covered under warranty.
Should ship out tomorrow.

That’s weird but I’m glad they are getting it taken care of! It may be obvious on a full size screen and I just couldn’t see it in my 5” iPhone

Reactions: pmshop
dead center of the "circles"
At least I wasn't going crazy because DJI found something.
OK, I see them now. You have good eyes, but when you own it you have a vested interested in being particular. I guess I'll need to shoot some night video with my MA to make sure I don't have the same problem.

I found the one in the left circle moving with your video in sync but lost the one in the right circle. That is definitely weird, like a pixel that is stuck on all the time which would be practically invisible on a daylight video. I would think it would require a new camera unless it's just some aberration caused by the lenses. Let us know if it's fixed when you take a new night video.

...and totally awesome!
Getting a NEW Mavic Air out of the deal - no "R" in the serial number.
Extremely cool because I got a refurb flymore package from DJI

Now before anyone says "why refurb"...
My first DJI product was a Spark, brand new flymore package.
Had it 8 days and the Spark could not set a home point for nothing.
Even flew the entire duration of a battery and still would not set a homepoint.
Turned it in and got a good one.
Over the past 18 months with 2 sparks, I have turned in about 10 times.
5 of them were for repair...the rest was warranty work.

So, new or refurb, always expect trouble.

Looking forward to add a second Mavic Air to the fleet.
2x Spark
2x MA

OK, I just checked with mine - didn't fly it, but opened the window and moved it around on my hand while recording. And yes I have the spot on the left side - exactly where yours is. This may not be an isolated thing

OK, I just checked with mine - didn't fly it, but opened the window and moved it around on my hand while recording. And yes I have the spot on the left side - exactly where yours is. This may not be an isolated thing

Interesting

and the grid too! Did DJI say this was outside of expected performance from the camera at night? I mean I would not think I would have occasion to fly at night, but I would also not want to have a sub-standard unit. Can more people do a quick test to see if this is a wide spread issue?

and the grid too! Did DJI say this was outside of expected performance from the camera at night? I mean I would not think I would have occasion to fly at night, but I would also not want to have a sub-standard unit. Can more people do a quick test to see if this is a wide spread issue?

Please do Mavic Air Pilots.
Post your results here.

Normal operation?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs