DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not Newb Friendly

Korso

Reactions
So I just purchased my first Drone (Mavic Air 2) and I'm having a hell of a time setting this thing up. There are no directions in the box, and I feel like I'm just pushing buttons at this time. I set everything up as shown in the "quick set up" and my controller is saying the RC is not connected. How do you do this? I've ready you can hold down the drone button for 4 seconds, but that didn't do anything. So frustrating.

I've read about downloading DJI assist 2, which I did, but I have no idea what Im doing with it.

Have you had the chance to read the manual? You should really take the time to do so:

This "Fly app User Guide2 has Mini as the AC in it, but the basics are the same:

Few words about DJI Assistant 2:

Just take your time. Fly safe,

There is point missing here that the RC is supposed to be sent already linked to the drone. It’s only if one or the other is replaced should the linking function be required.
this doesn’t help you resolve your issue, but it does raise a concern that things aren’t as they should be with a new MA2

Have you had the chance to read the manual? You should really take the time to do so:

This "Fly app User Guide2 has Mini as the AC in it, but the basics are the same:

Few words about DJI Assistant 2:

Just take your time. Fly safe,

Thank you for this. I wasn't sure where to find this manual. I'll look this over tonight!

So I just purchased my first Drone (Mavic Air 2) and I'm having a hell of a time setting this thing up. There are no directions in the box, and I feel like I'm just pushing buttons at this time. I set everything up as shown in the "quick set up" and my controller is saying the RC is not connected. How do you do this? I've ready you can hold down the drone button for 4 seconds, but that didn't do anything. So frustrating.

I've read about downloading DJI assist 2, which I did, but I have no idea what Im doing with it.
This might help you get started, if still having some issues:

Take your time. Check Youtube for some other very good tips. Safe flying.

As others are saying in this thread. Take your time. Read the manual, view DJI videos and you tubes. Plenty of resources are available. Practice in open area, close by, learn controls, and as you gain confidence venture out. And as always, ask any questions in the forum. Plenty of folks ready to help. Wish you well.

There are as noted, slews of videos on YouTube covering everything you can think of about your new Drone, the one linked above is pretty good, and there now are probably 100's of others that cover first flights, what to do, not to do, etc.. and some of them may not be Mavic 2 specific, but still covering how to fly DJI Drones...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711