DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure how well this is going to work out for Parrot

Really impressive. Wonder how much it will cost?
Depends on how much the fine is if ya mess up flying BVLOS. ?‍♂️
So about like the rest.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
From what I can tell this is not a drone for Joe Blow drone flyer that buys one from Bestbuy on a Saturday shopping spree. At least I hope not.
BVLOS is coming to a neighborhood close to you sooner then you think. The reason these drones are popping up is because times are changing. Not for the average drone flyer but for the big guys to gain NAS at your expense. They will promote their product with "Oh look we just delivered vaccine to the poor people 20 miles away that could not get any"
Your air space is going to shrink, the writing is on the wall.

DJI have been plugging away with occusync over 4 miles / 7 km since 2017.
Mostly such good signal availability is just great for when you may fly with some vegetation density between drone and controller, urban environments, electronic interference, buildings etc, or low to the horizon etc at moderate distances.

From what I can tell this is not a drone for Joe Blow drone flyer that buys one from Bestbuy on a Saturday shopping spree. At least I hope not.
BVLOS is coming to a neighborhood close to you sooner then you think. The reason these drones are popping up is because times are changing. Not for the average drone flyer but for the big guys to gain NAS at your expense. They will promote their product with "Oh look we just delivered vaccine to the poor people 20 miles away that could not get any"
Your air space is going to shrink, the writing is on the wall.
We'll see.

Well, they must have some kind of plan or they wouldn't be putting it out there. ?
Well the MP would fly 4.2 miles easy as would the M2P .I know .
Guess we will see what happens but this is at the moment more than we can fly.
Legally though. .

Well the MP would fly 4.2 miles easy as would the M2P .I know .
Guess we will see what happens but this is at the moment more than we can fly.
Legally though. .
True. This is a little bit more than 4.2 miles. It looks too small to really carry anything for any kind of company delivery drone. Either way, as the OP said "Not sure how well this is going to work out for Parrot". But yes, it will be interesting to see where it goes for sure.

Edit: They may just be trying to say there will be no connectivity issues when flying VLOS like many drones have.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada