DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nothing recording to DJI RC Controller with micro SC card. Help!

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Unlike my Mini 2 which uses a phone or tablet and records low res versions of what I've filmed, I have a Mini 3 with the DJI RC controller. I have an appropriate 64GB micro SD card which I formatted before installing in the controller. I assumed that whatever I filmed with my Mini 3 would be stored on the card in the controller, just like the Mini 2 did to my phone/tablet. But no. It created a potpourri of interesting file folders [see image below], but after several flights there is nothing recorded in any of them!

I must be overlooking something and/or doing something wrong. When I click on the "album" tab in the controller's Fly app, sometimes I get an error message "not connected to the internet". Sometimes It pulls up a menu bar that shows "all, photos, video" and a few other menus. But NONE of them have any files to view.

Help me out please... How do I get the DJI RC to receive the low rez files as I did with the Mini 2 and somewhat with the M2P.

Below are the folders that got created on the SD card without me doing anything but formatting the card and installing in the controller.

1661634149362.png

Reactions: a2tomm
Hello. The card in the controller saves your screen recordings, and the card in the drone saves the hi res videos/ photos.
In order to see the low res images on the controller, both the drone and controller are turned on. Then you tap album. You see the images then. At that point you can download to a phone.
To save to your phone, open DJI fly (that’s on your phone) …you’ll see “switch to quic/m transfer mode“. Tap the images you want to transfer and they are quickly transferred to your phone. Hope that’s what you’re asking.

Hello. The card in the controller saves your screen recordings, and the card in the drone saves the hi res videos/ photos.
In order to see the low res images on the controller, both the drone and controller are turned on. Then you tap album. You see the images then. At that point you can download to a phone.
To save to your phone, open DJI fly (that’s on your phone) …you’ll see “switch to quic/m transfer mode“. Tap the images you want to transfer and they are quickly transferred to your phone. Hope that’s what you’re asking.
What a clumsy system. So the purpose of the SC card is for SCREEN recordings only??? And what if I wanted the low res files on the SD card in the controller? No can do? It seems ludicrous to have to have the drone turned on to see low res files on the controller.

This is a basic question, but how do I turn on the screen recording on my controller? It's certainly not intuitive or anything I stumbled over in the manual.

While in the main screen drag down twice (the first drag pulls the screen down about 1/2 centimeter and the second drag shows the next screen. .

You will then see items such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, mute, record screen, screenshot,.

There you can also adjust the brightness of the screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman