DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Novelty has warn off quickly

My experience has been exceptionally positive as well. I also have the DJI goggles which are in very nice but they aren't really practical for me unless I have someone watching my back... Literally lol.

Reactions: Robbyg
Why are goggle users on here AFRAID of the publics perception of how they look whilst wearing them? Me? I don't give a rats arse what anyone thinks!!.

I give a crap for two reasons.

1) Because it attracts a crowd around me. Without them I can sit at a bench and people think I am playing a video game.

2) Most of my friends are into ribbing each other. I had one friend taking pictures of me with the goggles on, which I know would have been cleverly reworked in Photoshop to even make me look like a bigger dork before he uploaded them to his Facebook account. Even my wife gets a good laugh when I am wearing them, so I know my group of friends would rib me to no end.
BTW I eventually had him erase the pictures off his phone before we left the location.

Rob

My experience has been exceptionally positive as well. I also have the DJI goggles which are in very nice but they aren't really practical for me unless I have someone watching my back... Literally lol.

Yep I cannot use them without someone watching my back, and someone I can trust. I have a few friends who I don't ask because I know they will get bored in 5 minutes and start walking around leaving me exposed.

Rob

Reactions: ksmusa
Gosh I'm just about to buy a pair of these. They look so fantastic. Just too big in my opinion, and I wish they had a small forward facing camera so I wouldn't have to keep checking who's crept up on me sat there. Maybe I should hold off, or buy a Crystalsky

I love my goggles, it is all i use when i fly now. I dont care what people say or think about me when i wear them. I completely forget that i am wearing them the minute i start flying. The picture quality is amazing compared to my Skyzone's i used for quad racing.

My thoughts exactly! BTW nice KTM, I have a Duke as well ;)

Reactions: Clinton1
The goggles added a more comfortable and immersive way to fly. Love them honestly.

Honda Groms is where it's at :D Best motorcycle I have ever owned (fun wise).

Reactions: Clinton1
My thoughts exactly! BTW nice KTM, I have a Duke as well ;)

Nice on the KTM.
My incarcerated business partner's retarded ghay niece has a Duke :p

edit: O yeh, the attention you get wearing DJI goggles is about the equivalent you get when your controller is beeping critical. So yeh, that for 20 mins or more

Last edited:
I give a crap for two reasons.

1) Because it attracts a crowd around me. Without them I can sit at a bench and people think I am playing a video game.

2) Most of my friends are into ribbing each other. I had one friend taking pictures of me with the goggles on, which I know would have been cleverly reworked in Photoshop to even make me look like a bigger dork before he uploaded them to his Facebook account. Even my wife gets a good laugh when I am wearing them, so I know my group of friends would rib me to no end.
BTW I eventually had him erase the pictures off his phone before we left the location.

Rob
Well I finally know what a crowd is ... having flown my MP I can literally hide away and people walk by me and if they did not see it launch they don't take a second look. Flew my P4P for the first time yesterday and it was a totally different story with all sorts of attention. Now pair that with Googles and I think it would be more than I want to be honest. Was just about ready to pull the trigger on the googles to use with MP and P4P but now maybe not...

Well I finally know what a crowd is ... having flown my MP I can literally hide away and people walk by me and if they did not see it launch they don't take a second look. Flew my P4P for the first time yesterday and it was a totally different story with all sorts of attention. Now pair that with Googles and I think it would be more than I want to be honest. Was just about ready to pull the trigger on the googles to use with MP and P4P but now maybe not...

Yeah that's the cool part about the MP with just a phone.
I love to see the look on the occasional persons face that happens to be nearby when I come into land:). Total shock as it just drops down from the sky and touches down next to me.

Rob

It's neat huh. There is one place where i fly sometimes that is right next to a walking path, so the people i fly over end up walking pass me. I think people expect to see some kind of scene from where it's being flown.
Maybe one or more people with the back of car's open and gear bags everywhere, old skool R/C controllers with a hundred switches,etc

But you sitting there like your playing a game or txting is so anti-climatic, most just walk by.
There either still pissed off but don't say anything, or interest overrides the pissedoffness.

Theres also Happy People who are happy that your having fun in a public park, but I would not count on coming across these people :p

Have had my goggles for a week and I'm sorry to report that the novelty of them has warn off very quickly.
I've purchased most new DJI products over the last 3 years and have had much enjoyment out of them.
Having bulky goggles sitting on my head that I can't get the sharpness out of the image that I can out of my iPhone or iPad makes them seem a bit pointless. They are good for close in shots but that's about it.
I much prefer to see my surroundings with the naked eye. Wish I had ordered a Spark instead.
Thats my initial thoughts anyway

Do you want to sell them? If so, let me have your email address and we can talk about them.

Sorry for the double post, but it boggles the mind why DJI didn't offer the googles in a shade of black so you cant be seen from a quarter mile.
My BoBo V4 look ridiculous, but just the dark front is enough to have people not break out in laughter.
Are their skin packs for the goggles yet.

If someone gave me some for free i would duct tape them black.
I could spraypaint them but then i couldn't sell them later that day.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13