Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Novelty lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 84685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 84685

Spyed these $20 so got some coming,anyone using them
I'm not bothered about losing flight time from added weight, as long as props aren't screaming I'll give them a go

Screenshot_20220411-104925_Trade Me.jpgScreenshot_20220411-104958_Trade Me.jpgScreenshot_20220411-105013_Trade Me.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Green on the front right, red on the front left. At least one is right and I assume they flash.

I ordered them same day I ordered my drone. They're worthless. Too dim to see at almost any distance.

Mine was for the MA2 ordered off Amazon for $14. Returned the day they arrived.
Ah are they that bad,I thought they might have been like the phantom 4 headlight set which are good,I still have my set so might be able to try something

Get some firehouse 3 mile strobes.
Not sure if they flash at all,I think they are like always on,,yip I just got a new flytron strobon cree to fit on my back tailgate,I have a twin flash on the top I have 2 red firehouse strobes too but they red and fraction bigger than the new flytron 3 mile one I just buy,, the headlights were to be extra just for visibility since I fly mostly in early evening when wind drops20220411_164401.jpg

Do you have a 250g threshold in New Zealand? I can't see mention of it but maybe I missed it. Besides it looks like they add 40g to the drone, that seems a lot of additional mass, roughly 1/6th of the drone's original mass.

No we still on the up to 25kg rule here in NZ , I have fishing dropper device that I been playing with and the props let me know by the change in tune about different weights that it can handle, I never push it though ,can fly around with 2 ounce sinker ok ,any more props change tune and scream cant remember what the dropper mechanism weighs but that not small either, the lights I think wont work as I want due to crap batterys it runs,I might wire them to a old 3.7 volt strobe battery and see the result,,if they go up in smoke at least the vapor trail will look cool

I have a clip on set of LEDs that fit the nose of the Mavic Mini, I used them in a night flight and they were quite good, I have not tried them in a daytime flight.....but....They made me wonder if it would be possible to mount a pair of 'proper' strobe LEDs in the nose 'vents' of the Mavic Mini and power them from the drone's battery. Obviously there would need to be some circuitry mounted somewhere.........

Ah are they that bad,I thought they might have been like the phantom 4 headlight set which are good,I still have my set so might be able to try something
Yeah. The mounting system worked well though.

I flew with a Sofirn IF22A attached with velcro straps. So bright you could use it for search and rescue. The downside is weight - the thing, especially with the oversized battery, it's heavy for a drone.

Finally mail arrive,suprisingly bright ,not as bright as the p4 headlight set but they'll do ,when it's dark I'll get another pic
Only downfall they not fit with added landing gear so some mods coming there,seems to fly round normal
20220513_115543.jpg20220513_115416.jpg20220513_115450.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54