DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now that’s surprising.

This may be stupid but don't they have some kind of safety measures for this one like a small parachute for drones in case of signal loss.

This may be stupid but don't they have some kind of safety measures for this one like a small parachute for drones in case of signal loss.

Yes, Ive seen those for sale. Seems like a neat idea as far as last ditch fail safe but I think there are various downsides to consider including cost, weight, and risk of malfunction causing parachute to deploy in mid flight.

https://www.skycat.pro/

Last edited:
I packed a few chutes on high power rockets back in the day. It was considered very high tech then to have drogue chute deploy at apogee and second main chute deploy at low altitude like in this video. The chutes could be deployed in variety of ways including timer, altimeter or inertia switch connected to electric match and black powder charges. Chute deployment (and engine ignition) by radio transmitter was the next new thing. No way was I interested in that, however, because I was afraid some knucklehead would press their garage door opener and blow everything up. A marco polo would have been great to help find rocket which drifted in the boonies but all I had back then was a radio shack buzzer connected to nose cone.

Yes, Ive seen those for sale. Seems like a neat idea as far as last ditch fail safe but I think there are various downsides to consider including cost, weight, and risk of malfunction causing parachute to deploy in mid flight.
So I guess they should improve it considering the usefulness of this one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98