DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NSW National Parks permissions

adavis

Reactions
Hi All.
I am after anyones experience in requesting recreational drone access to any NSW National Park.
I know that there is a well documented process that you can follow and fill out requesting access and they are supposed to get back to you within 10 days, but I want to know if anyone has actually done it and been approved or denied.

ie is the process there to look like they are being accommodating, but they deny all requests?
Sorry that was the cynic in me.

Interested in your feedback.

Hi All.
I am after anyones experience in requesting recreational drone access to any NSW National Park.
I know that there is a well documented process that you can follow and fill out requesting access and they are supposed to get back to you within 10 days, but I want to know if anyone has actually done it and been approved or denied.

ie is the process there to look like they are being accommodating, but they deny all requests?
Sorry that was the cynic in me.

Interested in your feedback.
I’ve tried. Although they don’t outright refuse they require adequate insurance which is pretty much impossible to get for a recreational pilot. They also don’t like photos that may be used for commercial purposes. If you walk in with a smart phone and take pics it’s ok but if you go in with a good Dslr, lenses and tripod you will be stopped if seen.

I’ve tried. Although they don’t outright refuse they require adequate insurance which is pretty much impossible to get for a recreational pilot. They also don’t like photos that may be used for commercial purposes. If you walk in with a smart phone and take pics it’s ok but if you go in with a good Dslr, lenses and tripod you will be stopped if seen.
Interesting, thanks for your perspective.
They dont list any insurance requirements, but Ill look into it.

We must be frequenting different National Parks as I am in one every weekend with high end DSLR and tripods and motion control gear and no-one has ever raised an eyelid ;-)

This is absurd. Just like America though. My phone takes 100mp photos.

My picture with the most views ever was taken on my phone, not my drone lol

I wish NSW was like WA regarding National Parks - they encourage photographers with or without drones, they realise the value of free advertising.

• Sad
Reactions: nbrettoner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS