Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu Flying These Days

pelagic_one

Wind-Blown Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Howzit!

I just tested negative for COVID-19 so I’m able to fly to Oahu for a couple weeks to visit my elderly father. This will be my first trip there with a drone, so would anyone like to get together and fly a few spots?

My father lives on the SW corner in Kapolei, but I can drive anywhere and have base access, too. I‘ve checked Kittyhawk, so my target spots include:
  • Chinaman’s Hat
  • Makapu’u and views of Rabbit Island
  • Kokohead
  • Diamond Head
  • Haleiwa/North Shore
  • Kahuku shrimp ponds
  • Waianae coast and valley
  • Mount Tantalus
  • Pali Lookout
Any tips or warnings on any of the above? Care to join me at either spot?

Mahalo, in advance!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I brought my MP with drop attachment, so my cousin wants me to help him try to drop the bait/lure into deeper water for Ulua, beyond where he usually casts on the reef. We certainly won’t be doing this over touristy spots, as we typically fish the “locals spots” along the Waianae coast. Good fun, Brah!

I‘ve read the 2016 Oahu thread so many times this year, awaiting the chance to get back here, so I’m knowledgeable about places to fly. A couple of Navy buddies of mine are joining me today, flying around Haleiwa. That’s where the M2P and MA2 will shine.

I also lined up a couple of real estate shoots of some agricultural acreage this week for a realtor friend around Upper Kunia. I’ve never used my MA2 for commercial missions yet, so I think these locations are calling out her name. There probably won’t be rows of pineapples or sugar cane anymore, but there will be ”planny” red dirt scenes, for sure.

Last edited:
By the way, my TSA Pre-Check and Clear status got me through the shorter security line okay, but you should’ve seen the eyes of the agent when my backpack went past her monitor. The dozen lithium DJI batteries, each in its own safe bag, looked like an aviation nightmare to her. Secondary screening put her at ease, but her supervisor kept leering at me like I actually did something wrong.

It’s kinda funny...now.

Its even funnier that I’m seemingly posting to myself here! ?

Last edited:
have a great trip,and try not to talk to yourself too much while you are there ;););););)

Howzit!

I just tested negative for COVID-19 so I’m able to fly to Oahu for a couple weeks to visit my elderly father. This will be my first trip there with a drone, so would anyone like to get together and fly a few spots?

My father lives on the SW corner in Kapolei, but I can drive anywhere and have base access, too. I‘ve checked Kittyhawk, so my target spots include:
  • Chinaman’s Hat
  • Kokohead
  • Diamond Head
  • Haleiwa/North Shore
  • Kahuku shrimp ponds
  • Mount Tantalus
  • Pali Lookout

Mahalo, in advance!
Here’s some insight....

Howzit!

• Chinaman’s Hat
  • Kokohead
  • Diamond Head
  • Haleiwa/North Shore
  • Kahuku shrimp ponds
  • Mount Tantalus
  • Pali Lookout

Mahalo, in advance!

Welcome. I’m at Chinaman Hat today flying.

Welcome. I’m at Chinaman Hat today flying.
Yay...I’m not alone out here! And yes, it feels great to be away from home for the first time in eight months. Fly and be safe, Everyone! :cool:

Last edited:
Sorry about the rain. [emoji23]?
I’m working virtually 5am-2pm daily, but flying in between the tropical rain in the afternoon. I’ve hit Makaha, Waianae, Haleiwa, Makapu’u and Chinaman’s Hat, so far. I’m shopping for a lot on Tantalus, so I’ll probably fly from there too, for the awesome Diamond Head view.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird