DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oakville, Ontario... anyone want to meet up to fly or know any good spots?

Enzobass

Reactions
New Mavic Air owner, and looking to see if anyone wants to get together near Oakville to fly. Or suggest some places to fly?
As I am new to drones, finding it frustrating at the number of posts that tell you where not to fly, but seems one offers a list of places to fly? Maybe drone owners are like “fishermen” happy to talk about having fun and getting great pics, but never sharing their “honey spot”

if you want to meet up or share a spot, please message me!

Hi, welcome to the fun of flying. I have a good spot near Georgetown that I like to go flying. Just send me a message and we can meet up sometime of you like

Hi, welcome to the fun of flying. I have a good spot near Georgetown that I like to go flying. Just send me a message and we can meet up sometime of you like

Will make sure to get in touch as soon as weather warms up and I have some free time... though today would have been a perfect day!

Im in oakville as well, to be honest I haven't found any sweet spots yet. Been flying for many years and my favorite spots are up north (muskoka's). But if I discover a "sweet" spot around here, I'll be sure to share it with you.

Hi. I’m in Acton. Have some fund spots. Let’s all try to meet up and do some flying.
I’m currently I’m Hawaii but back On weds this week.

Hey make sure to message me when you are back, if the weather is right, would be great to take the drone out.

PS hopefully you got a chance to fly in Hawaii, I am sure it’s a little warmer there!

Got a few flights in but it was super windy everyday here. 38km/hr plus winds. Has one day I could fly. Hit some ocean views and a beach.

Back on weds this week.

Great afternoon flying with Enzo today here in Halton Hills. Anyone else in the area of Acton or Georgetown that wants to join us next time, please message me. I learned more today from Enzo than ever. We shared lots of tips and apps to help each other out. Also got a few fun flights in.

Maybe I can start up a flyers club for the area. Thoughts?

Reactions: Enzobass
Great afternoon flying with Enzo today here in Halton Hills. Anyone else in the area of Acton or Georgetown that wants to join us next time, please message me. I learned more today from Enzo than ever. We shared lots of tips and apps to help each other out. Also got a few fun flights in.

Maybe I can start up a flyers club for the area. Thoughts?

It was great to get out with you (BLACK314 ) today.
This was my first time out since I flew in the Dominican in January. The challenge there was wind, sun and not getting sunburned. Today wind, sun and keeping hands from freezing lol... but it was indeed a great day! I learned a ton, but more important met a great fellow passionate flyer. I was particularly excited to finally see the Mavic Mini in action. Now in the process of ordering one :)

Looking forward to warmer weather and getting out again with you as well as others soon.

Thanks for getting me out, and sharing a Java!
Keep in touch

PS Count me in if you want to set up a flyers club, happy to help you co-found it! (or be your first member)

Hello, I met up with a fellow flyer this weekend, and we decided to start a ”Halton Drones flyer club” if interested The details are in the post below.

Im in oakville as well, to be honest I haven't found any sweet spots yet. Been flying for many years and my favorite spots are up north (muskoka's). But if I discover a "sweet" spot around here, I'll be sure to share it with you.
Hello, I met up with a fellow flyer this weekend, and we decided to start a ”Halton Drones flyer club” if interested just look up “Halton Drones”

Hello, I met up with a fellow flyer this weekend, and we decided to start a ”Halton Drones flyer club” if interested just look up “Halton Drones”

Thanks for the invite. As of right now it would be difficult for me to attend any "meet-ups". It wouldn't be fair if I joined and barely showed up. With kids who are into a lot of extracurricular activities during the week and especially weekend it somewhat monopolizes majority of my free time. Maybe in the future....when I'm not the taxi :)

Thanks for the invite. As of right now it would be difficult for me to attend any "meet-ups". It wouldn't be fair if I joined and barely showed up. With kids who are into a lot of extracurricular activities during the week and especially weekend it somewhat monopolizes majority of my free time. Maybe in the future....when I'm not the taxi :)

Hello, completely understand as I also have kids... to clarify, there are no set meetups, or obligations etc...

This is a very informal club lol... I saw this as an opportunity for a group of people to share when they plan on going flying or are available, and maybe others can join. Their are No real requirements.
All that you may get is a few emails with folks mentioning they are free to meetup to fly or get a coffee.
Let me know if your interested, now or in the future.

Hey guys, I would definitely be interested to meet up when we can again. Sounds interesting and would be fun to share some tips and tricks. I am really new I just recently bought the Mavic Mini and eager to get out.

Hey guys, I would definitely be interested to meet up when we can again. Sounds interesting and would be fun to share some tips and tricks. I am really new I just recently bought the Mavic Mini and eager to get out.

hello,
I love my mini, and I am sure you will also! it has become my go to drone since the my Hubsan is over 250 grams, but now days getting easier to be within 100’ of cars or people lol....

PM me and we can share contact info.
Enzo

Hi. My Mavic Mini is in the mail and I'm looking for good spots to learn flying around Oakville. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just saw this oldish thread. Anyone want to share any of these good locations free from interference? I keep looking on Google Maps and I can't see anywhere within an hour's drive where there isn't a house or business nearby.

Also:

hello,
I love my mini, and I am sure you will also! it has become my go to drone since the my Hubsan is over 250 grams, but now days getting easier to be within 100’ of cars or people lol....

PM me and we can share contact info.
Enzo

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 249 gram weight doesn't exempt you from following the same rules other drones are required to follow, just the registration and license requirement. Just trying to help, not being snarky with my first ever post :)

Any small groups local to Georgetown? I recently got a mini and would love to meetup occasionally and learn some of good safe spots to fly/practice in the surrounding area.

So far i'm just practicing alone on the playing field at Stewarttown school and I've also flown down by the river at the Barber Mill.

Hello, completely understand as I also have kids... to clarify, there are no set meetups, or obligations etc...

This is a very informal club lol... I saw this as an opportunity for a group of people to share when they plan on going flying or are available, and maybe others can join. Their are No real requirements.
All that you may get is a few emails with folks mentioning they are free to meetup to fly or get a coffee.
Let me know if your interested, now or in the future.
I

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf