DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance Audible Alerts Stopped Working

tnw2933

Reactions
I made three flights today with my Mini 3 Pro. In each case I had obstacle avoidance set to Bypass. On the first flight I had both onscreen radar warnings of nearby obstacles as well as audible beeping increasing in frequency the nearer the obstacle. On the second and third flights I still had radar warnings of nearby obstacles but no audible alerts. Obstacle avoidance was still in bypass mode and the drone was correctly avoiding obstacles. I must have somehow triggered this in some setting on the DJI RC remote, but I am unable to figure out how to turn on audible warnings for obstacle avoidance. Has anyone else experienced this or can help me determine how to turn back on audible obstacle avoidance warnings. Thank you.

Tom

Did you check the volume setting on the RC? You may have inadvertently muted it...

Reactions: R.Cowan
If you are seeing the obstacle sensors (Bypass/Brake) turned on and working on the screen and the volume setting is turned up to max, I have a couple of questions.
Are you hearing the regular audio prompts by the nice lady saying "take off", "home point has been established, please check it in the map"? If you have something plugged into the DJI RC host USB port, like a USB-C mic for screen recording, the audibles are unfortunately cancelled which would stop the Obstacle Avoidance from sounding.

Reactions: R.Cowan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU