DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance Stopped Beeping

Patrick2020

Reactions
Sometime in the last few weeks, my obstacle avoidance beeping has gone silent.

If I take off near an obstacle, I get the normal warning beeping until I move away, so my phone’s volume setting is ok. Then when I come back or approach other obstacles the controller vibrates and DJI Fly shows an orange bar at the top – but for the duration of the flight, I never get any more beeping.

I’m left wondering, “Is this is a new feature, or is something failing?”

A lot of people might be happy with this operation, but I actually prefer the beeping (with the volume set to a tolerable level). Actually, I’m now starting to get used to the quiet, but I worry that I may be also becoming less aware of the obstacles, which I know from experience is not a good thing.

· Controller mode: Normal
· Mavic Air 2 firmware: v01.01.0610
· C5 controller: v02.00.1200, mode = Normal
· iPhone12 software: v14.4.2
· DJI Fly App: v1.3.1

Sometime in the last few weeks, my obstacle avoidance beeping has gone silent.

If I take off near an obstacle, I get the normal warning beeping until I move away, so my phone’s volume setting is ok. Then when I come back or approach other obstacles the controller vibrates and DJI Fly shows an orange bar at the top – but for the duration of the flight, I never get any more beeping.

I’m left wondering, “Is this is a new feature, or is something failing?”

A lot of people might be happy with this operation, but I actually prefer the beeping (with the volume set to a tolerable level). Actually, I’m now starting to get used to the quiet, but I worry that I may be also becoming less aware of the obstacles, which I know from experience is not a good thing.

· Controller mode: Normal
· Mavic Air 2 firmware: v01.01.0610
· C5 controller: v02.00.1200, mode = Normal
· iPhone12 software: v14.4.2
· DJI Fly App: v1.3.1
Firmware looks way out of date. Did you check your settings in the FlyApp?

I’m having this same issue. So it’s not just you. My only difference is I have a brand new replacement drone (unrecoverable crash) and just updated my firmwareand now no beeps on this new one. Started thinking my drone had an issue.

I’m having this same issue. So it’s not just you. My only difference is I have a brand new replacement drone (unrecoverable crash) and just updated my firmwareand now no beeps on this new one. Started thinking my drone had an issue.
Good to know I'm not alone.
Someone suggested that there may be a calibration issue, so I recalibrated the joysticks, the compass, and the gimble -- without any change.

I went out a few days ago and the obstacle avoidance beeping was back to normal. To the best of my knowledge I didn't do anything to "fix" it -- it just started working again without any updates or other modifications. Now I'm kind of wishing I could set the voice and beeping volumes separately (voice up but beeping down).

Reactions: PVilardi
How do you stop it from beeping? I want it to avoid the obstacle just stop
The beeping

Even when you turn off the obstacle avoidance that beeping continues. I would like to turn it off too

I thought my iPhone was on silent but after restarting the drone and app it started working with out touching the phone volume so that wasn’t it, is the beeping from the phone or controller?

I am so happy to discover this thread. I too have discovered that the beeping tone has disappeared even though I can come close to an object and there is no beeping and that is with the obstacle avoidance turned on in the Bypass position.
There must have been some kind of change in the last firmware update but I haven't seen any recent firmware update so I don't know what to think. The only thing I do know is there is nothing wrong with my Air 2s when other people are having the same problems. Any further comments Mr Mint

Hi, I get the same problem : My MA2 is "mute" no beep when close to an obstacle on take off or after ... and no nice voice (Saying "Landing" for example).
I did the last update yesterday.
Strange.

I am so happy to discover this thread. I too have discovered that the beeping tone has disappeared even though I can come close to an object and there is no beeping and that is with the obstacle avoidance turned on in the Bypass position.
There must have been some kind of change in the last firmware update but I haven't seen any recent firmware update so I don't know what to think. The only thing I do know is there is nothing wrong with my Air 2s when other people are having the same problems. Any further comments Mr Mint
It would be very Helpful if you folks with the Obstacle Avoidance issues would all post your current Firmware Version, to see if you are All on the Same Version or is it happening across a Couple Versions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhgrogan