DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle warning in clear air at 200 feet....RTH is nearly impossible....

Matparlier

Reactions
Well, the title about tells it all.
I have, on two different days, with clear air and no wind....been stopped by my obstacle warning. I checked for any debris on the FLR sensors and they were clear.
I ended up flying backwards...(yes, I have learned from experience to avoid flying backward) but I got home on my own. I seem to happen about 10 minutes into the flight. Any and All sage advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Wipster
Was the Mavic facing the sun by any chance??? Obstacle warning can be triggered by bright sunlight ...

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
If the Mavic is facing the sun, that would be it.
You did the right move to fly backward.

Was the Mavic facing the sun by any chance??? Obstacle warning can be triggered by bright sunlight ...
Oh!! you da' Man!!! that makes total sense and yes, both times I was flying into the sun. At this time of year....the sun is pretty low on the horizon (45th parallel). I am pretty sure your observation hit the nail on the head.
THANKS!!
I love this forum...some of the best, collected wisdom born of experience, from fellow mechanical bird------brains.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
Well, the title about tells it all.
I have, on two different days, with clear air and no wind....been stopped by my obstacle warning. I checked for any debris on the FLR sensors and they were clear.
I ended up flying backwards...(yes, I have learned from experience to avoid flying backward) but I got home on my own. I seem to happen about 10 minutes into the flight. Any and All sage advice would be greatly appreciated.
You probably were into the sun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada