DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obsticale Avoidance Error

Neo

Reactions
So I keep getting obsticale avoidance error warnings on my display. I see the small icon representing the obsticale avoidance turning on on off.

Is this a software or a hardware issue?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance [emoji120]

when do you get it? only when you flight high? maybe i have similar problem, it happens sometimes not always i notice that happen only when i go at full throttle.

when do you get it? only when you flight high? maybe i have similar problem, it happens sometimes not always i notice that happen only when i go at full throttle.
Yes mostly when I am on higher altitude around 100 meters and above.

Last edited:
Sometimes the sun interferes with the avoidance system.

Having tis issue too, I think. Getting constant warnings about obstacles and that angle is too great. Happens in when I give full throttle in P-mode at altitudes where there is no obstacles. At slower speeds (angles) it doesn't happen. M2Z is my first drone so I have no experience on this.
So, I am also wondering if this is the way it is supposed to work, if the sensors are faulty or needs calibration. The forward sensors can detect stuff at 40 meters distance so tilting forward heavily when flying at 30 meters would probably trig them, but it happens much higher than that also.

What happens under full throttle is your drone is tipped forward at too steep and angle for the sensors to see in front of the aircraft. This didnt happen with the Mavic Pro because speed was limited to 20 mph instead of low 30's with the MP 2

What happens under full throttle is your drone is tipped forward at too steep and angle for the sensors to see in front of the aircraft. This didnt happen with the Mavic Pro because speed was limited to 20 mph instead of low 30's with the MP 2

Does make sense, because it does not happen at slower speeds.

The tilt is especially high into a headwind. At times it will even tilt your gimbal down. You really can't use +30 flying forward. It knocks mine down to +6 or so into a headwind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard