DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusync 2.0 vs. 3.0

Using 3.0 on the FPV drone and using 2.0 on my Air 2 i have noticed the following things.

• Range is slightly better with penetration (I fly above woods behind my house often) but not significantly better... Hoping a back ordered non stock set of goggle antennas improves this significantly.
  • Latency is much improved from 3.0 vs 2.0 and you see that in the handling of the unit
  • I am sure there are some optimization as well
Be interested to see what other say i don't see a direct comparison in doing a little googling.

Using 3.0 on the FPV drone and using 2.0 on my Air 2 i have noticed the following things.

• Range is slightly better with penetration (I fly above woods behind my house often) but not significantly better... Hoping a back ordered non stock set of goggle antennas improves this significantly.
  • Latency is much improved from 3.0 vs 2.0 and you see that in the handling of the unit
  • I am sure there are some optimization as well
Be interested to see what other say i don't see a direct comparison in doing a little googling.
Right, I have found very little in regards to comparisons. Hopefully we get some specifics soon.

Though that makes sense since it was implemented on the Fpv that a lot of the improvements are on the latency side.

Thanks!

Much higher Transmission Power for FCC mode (these numbers don’t look significantly different but this is a huge difference in power as the scale is logarithmic.)
31.5 vs 26 dbm

More than 4 times higher max frame rate.
120vs30

Higher minimum resolution, though lower max resolution.
810 vs 720/1080

Much higher bitrate
50Mbps vs 12 Mbps

Much lower latency
28-48 vs 120-130ms

Not in the specs but I believe Occusync 2.0 used a bandwidth of 20 MHz and 3.0 uses 40 MHz but I could be wrong.

Overall it’s a large upgrade especially for FCC. You can see where DJI has focused more on the quality of the transmission over brute distance.

Occusync 3.0
  • Transmitter Power (EIRP)​

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz
  • FCC: ≤ 31.5dBm
    CE: ≤ 20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤ 20 dBm
    MIC: ≤ 20 dBm

5.725-5.850 Ghz
    FCC: ≤ 31.5 dBm
    CE: ≤ 14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤ 25.5 dBm

• Low-Latency Mode: 810p/120fps ≤ 28ms
    High-Quality Mode: 810p/60fps ≤ 40ms
  • Max Video Bitrate​

• 50 Mbps

Occusync 2.0

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm

5.725-5.850 GHz:
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤26 dBm
    • Latency (depending on environmental conditions and mobile device)​

• 120-130 ms
      • 720p@30fps/1080@p30fps

• Max Transmission Bitrate​

• 12 Mbps

anyone know if occusync 3 principly will work using the current MA2/ Mini2 RC?

I'm waiting for the upgraded MA2S, which will be using Occusync 3 from what I hear...

Much higher Transmission Power for FCC mode (these numbers don’t look significantly different but this is a huge difference in power as the scale is logarithmic.)
31.5 vs 26 dbm

120vs30

810 vs 720/1080

Much higher bitrate
50Mbps vs 12 Mbps

Much lower latency
28-48 vs 120-130ms

Not in the specs but I believe Occusync 2.0 used a bandwidth of 20 MHz and 3.0 uses 40 MHz but I could be wrong.

Overall it’s a large upgrade especially for FCC. You can see where DJI has focused more on the quality of the transmission over brute distance.

Occusync 3.0

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz

5.725-5.850 Ghz

• Max Video Bitrate​

• 50 Mbps

Occusync 2.0

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz:

5.725-5.850 GHz:

• 120-130 ms
      • 720p@30fps/1080@p30fps

• 12 Mbps

Dang, thanks for the thorough response, that's very interesting! Seems like a pretty sizeable improvement

Reactions: Pallidin
anyone know if occusync 3 principly will work using the current MA2/ Mini2 RC?

I'm waiting for the upgraded MA2S, which will be using Occusync 3 from what I hear...
From what i gather occusync is purely software based but new updates do require faster hardware. If the Mavic Air 1 could handle Occusync 2 and MA2 could handle occusync 3 why not push that update to legacy customers?
It's annoying that DJI drops all software development after like 6 months. But then release a new drone with incremental hardware upgrades and they just make it look better with a new software update. Then do unnecessary hardware modifications so you can't use your previous accessories.
Us loyal fans/customers should really be pressing on DJI to do more software updates.

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
From what i gather occusync is purely software based but new updates do require faster hardware. If the Mavic Air 1 could handle Occusync 2 and MA2 could handle occusync 3 why not push that update to legacy customers?
It's annoying that DJI drops all software development after like 6 months. But then release a new drone with incremental hardware upgrades and they just make it look better with a new software update. Then do unnecessary hardware modifications so you can't use your previous accessories.
Us loyal fans/customers should really be pressing on DJI to do more software updates.
Well Occusync is the entire transmit and receive system which is a combination of antennas, amplifiers, signal processors, and video encoders/decoders. So it really isn’t even mostly software.

The most major difference between Occusync and Occusync 2.0 was the addition of the 5.8Ghz frequency and auto switching between 2.4 and 5.8. That certainly required different hardware.

I’m sure that Occusync 3 on the DJI FPV is achieving the increased frame rate and lower latency due to at least in part due to a tri-channel connection and faster encoding and decoding which requires new hardware presumably.

Reactions: DoomMeister
31.5 vs 26 dbm

120vs30

810 vs 720/1080

Much higher bitrate
50Mbps vs 12 Mbps

Much lower latency
28-48 vs 120-130ms

Occusync 3.0

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz

5.725-5.850 Ghz

• Max Video Bitrate​

• 50 Mbps

Occusync 2.0

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz:

5.725-5.850 GHz:

• 120-130 ms
      • 720p@30fps/1080@p30fps

• 12 Mbps

WOW brett8883.... where were you when I was in school and struggling through calculus?

Reactions: brett8883
I have a mini2 and an air2s. I just tested and noticed I can fly without lag when I’m inside my house with the air2s. When I try the same with the mini2, it lost connection almost instantly.
I think ocusync3 improves signal obstruction mitigation, so probably much better for FPV.

My Mavic 3 is arriving tomorrow (compatible with Ocusync 3, "O3+") and I'm wondering if it will be compatible with the Alientech Duo II antenna booster (runs on 2.4G/5.8G) that I've been using for the past year with my Mavic 2 Zoom (Ocusync 2). I'm clueless when it comes to antenna technology and trying to understand if an antenna booster is simply boosting the O2 or O3 technology or if it needs to be compatible with one or the other. If you're not familiar with the booster, the specs are on this page: ALIENTECH DUO II 2.4G/5.8G Dual-band Signal Booster Antenna Range Extender With Accessories for DJI Drones

I don't want to go to the trouble of modifying the new controller if it's not going to work. I would ask the company that makes the antenna booster but it's based in China and not sure I'll get a clear answer.

Thanks!

My Mavic 3 is arriving tomorrow (compatible with Ocusync 3, "O3+") and I'm wondering if it will be compatible with the Alientech Duo II antenna booster (runs on 2.4G/5.8G) that I've been using for the past year with my Mavic 2 Zoom (Ocusync 2). I'm clueless when it comes to antenna technology and trying to understand if an antenna booster is simply boosting the O2 or O3 technology or if it needs to be compatible with one or the other. If you're not familiar with the booster, the specs are on this page: ALIENTECH DUO II 2.4G/5.8G Dual-band Signal Booster Antenna Range Extender With Accessories for DJI Drones

I don't want to go to the trouble of modifying the new controller if it's not going to work. I would ask the company that makes the antenna booster but it's based in China and not sure I'll get a clear answer.

Thanks!
The signal shouldn’t be an issue. The normal M3 remote is O2 not O3 anyway. You’ll have to figure out if you can get ahold of the mounting and cables required though.

Reactions: jelarv

Thanks!
I have the Alientech Duo II for Mavic 2 Pro & emailed them asking if it was compatible with Mavic 3 here is their reply....

Up to now, we are sure that Alientech antennas are compatible with Mavic 3. However, before massive testing of the accessories (connectors) we don't want rush to the conclusion that we have ready products to sell. So, the good news is yet to be announced. I'll keep you noted once they are ready. Thank you!

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions.

DJI is not the only one doing the same thing. Other manufacturers in the business are doing the same. If you were in the business of making a product, I don’t think you would be giving free upgrades every time you improved your product.

The real issue that stinks is the bail out on consumables for the older products. You should still be able to get props, batteries, and parts for the legacy products for a longer period than seems to be the norm.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have had the dji air 2 and air 2 s and done considerable fights on both. AS we know the air 2s has ocusync 3 but I dont find the HD live feed any better if anything its a bit more glitchy than the 2. I will keep testing. I fly with goggles VR and use Samsung occulus which are the best VR ones I have found at £30 on ebay. I see no DJI goggles will connect to a DJI air 2S so we must use Litchi etc to fly VR which is the only way I want to fly....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke