DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd Rattling Noise

xunhui

Reactions
Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. ?

So, yesterday when I launched the MA2 I heard a very odd noise that I have never heard before. Launch was approximately 7 or so meters away and the noise was slight, but not overwhelming. It sounds like a loose bearing, metal sort of sound. Like something being moved very fast, metallic in nature and loose. I immediately landed, powered off and looked for anything that was visually noticeable by eye. Removed the battery, props and gave it a slight shake and no sound similar to the one I heard in flight, actually no sound at all. Looked into the motor locations and nothing apparent that I can see. I then reattached the props, battery, powered it back up and took it up for a low altitude safety flight. Same sound still there and no issues with flight, control, camera, perfect. Flew for over an hour at multiple heights, multiple maneuvers, different camera positions and nothing wrong at all but this sound. I suppose I could dissemble it and look for a lose fastener but I want to make sure that if I do this, I am not voiding my warranty. Drone has 38.9 hours, 274 kilometers and 141flights. If I had way to use my phone and safetly record the sound I would, but currently this is not possible.

Any ideas, thoughts, similarities?

AC fan blades hitting it's casing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka