DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

First long distance flight with my stock Mavic. 16573ft

11d659751b6b59f1172f034c8053acde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Has anyone seen improvements or deterioriations with recent firmware? If so, please report and state firmware version.

Reactions: sosmaverick
All stock if you really wanted to risk it you might just get 4.3 milesIMG_0695.PNG

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
So nobody is getting the 7km (4.3 miles) as advertised ?

This guy nailed 7 KM - he flew high though (nearly 500m) over flat farmland. Not sure what the rules are in Thailand.
Equipment looks stock. His pals at the R/C club don't look happy...

Not a member here though or he'd surely claim it!

I can do that range. Just need a windless day. I've gotten close to 44,000 feet flight distance without too much effort and that was with wind and various direction changes. My furthest distance from controller so far is 15,696 feet on a windy day and I returned with 30% battery remaining. The key is keeping the rpm at 60% of max speed. In sports mode you can display the tach. Keep the tach right at the green/blue transition. An easier way is to use P mode rather than sport and disable obstacle avoidance. In this mode the max pitch (right stick full forward) is right at the optimal efficiency with, around 30-32 mph. I think I could get over 50,000 feet total distance in perfect conditions. I flew over a bay and I saw full signal the entire flight.

Reactions: izzy and dewster
10%
But you can fight it but when it hits 1% the motors stop.

Reactions: Cameron1991
Unless I bad mistaken 10% is the lowest the autoland
Setting goes to but like I said you can fight it from landing
but at 1% that's it .

Also have not tryed it with the mavic but with a P3
From 10% to 1% goes fast. I know :(

Lots of folks get caught out by the speed at which a battery drops towards the end of a flight. The reason for this is that as battery voltage drops amp draw rises for a given load against it. The higher amp draw pulls the remaining charge out of the battery in a hurry.

I have also had her down really close to lights out. Scary! I thought to myself "this is funny. The it automatically kill the motors at 1% to avoid over discharging the battery and potentially ruining it.... so instead it chooses to just let the bird drop out the sky and ruin itself for sure"

And mine did from 40' :)
Was ok though as it just messed up the camera and gimbal
And they sent me a new/refurb for free.
Imangine that ;)

I can do that range. Just need a windless day. I've gotten close to 44,000 feet flight distance without too much effort and that was with wind and various direction changes. My furthest distance from controller so far is 15,696 feet on a windy day and I returned with 30% battery remaining. The key is keeping the rpm at 60% of max speed. In sports mode you can display the tach. Keep the tach right at the green/blue transition. An easier way is to use P mode rather than sport and disable obstacle avoidance. In this mode the max pitch (right stick full forward) is right at the optimal efficiency with, around 30-32 mph. I think I could get over 50,000 feet total distance in perfect conditions. I flew over a bay and I saw full signal the entire flight.

31 mph corresponds with the Thailand guy's performance (51 km/hr). And the key, as you say is consistency - he had the stick pinned - so he must have had OA off in P mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000